Auto socks

Paul

Platinum Member
As per the title really, I am due to go up to Loch Lomond next week for the GF's birthday and I am obviously concerned about going that far without some preparation, especially after what happened on monday!

Does anybody have any experience with these autosocks and what would be recommended these or chains? I was thinking of getting some new tyres but they would only be on the car for a month or two and it would not really be worth it!

Thanks for your help

Yeah they are supposed to be like snow chains but instead you put a cover over your whole wheel and it provides a lot more grip on snow and ice. With the current conditions I thought I had best look into this and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. I will get a link up in a minute.

http://www.autosock.co.uk/

Last edited:
they are supposed to be quite affective mate,

i take it they are better than snow chains, they must be cheaper anyway.

They are about £60 which is a lot better than new tyres and unlike chains these wont damage my alloys. Im guessing they are going to be quite sturdy but they are only for snow and ice so as soon as I get onto the tarmac I would have to whip them off, but thats only the same as chains!

yeah ive seen these on a website . . . . . i honestly cant see how they work as I thght the idea with chains was to increase tread depth...... these have no tread :-S

Don't bother mate, i was past loch lomond at the weekend and the roads are fine. It's a very busy road and we dont have the snow as bad as the rest of the country.

Where are you staying ?

Don't bother mate, i was past loch lomond at the weekend and the roads are fine. It's a very busy road and we dont have the snow as bad as the rest of the country.

Where are you staying ?

Ah quality mate I was hoping there was someone from that area on here lol! We are staying at Cameron House we went 3 years ago when we started going out and it has been refurbished so going back to see what it is like now!

Ah quality mate I was hoping there was someone from that area on here lol! We are staying at Cameron House we went 3 years ago when we started going out and it has been refurbished so going back to see what it is like now!

Nice :thumbup:

Hopefully the snow will stay for a bit, it's really stunning.

Nice :thumbup:

Hopefully the snow will stay for a bit, it's really stunning.

Yeah I hope so too! From the weather reports I have seen it looks like it should still be there by thursday when we arrive so fingers crossed lol!

I have just purchased an Autosock in case I ever get stuck; looks like snow chains are never to be used with the 197 by reading the manual so theses are a good thing to have on you in case the worse happens.

Yeah I will be doing the same. It seems like we are back to having proper winters with real snow and ice. Last February and this downfall have really shown just how much you can struggle if you aren't prepared!