B Pillar Rattle

RossWoods93

Cuckmeister General
Platinum Member
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same kind of rattle as I have! At first it appear to come from the passenger side B pillar, but have found that a similar sound has also been coming from the drivers side!

Only noticeable between 30/40mph and on rougher roads! It seems like the plastic trim on the pillar is ever so slightly making contact with the window screen causing the rattle!

I have 2 fixes, turn on the radio... Or my latest measure of shoving a sock right in the corner (it was all I had at the time! see picture)

I'm looking at maybe getting some foam to cushion the pillar...

Just curious if anyone has come across the same! 57b127329c3a06491d74cafbf1124d74.jpg

I don't have this particular rattle ... But have noticed one recently that seems to be coming from behind the a/c vent.
Annoying..

Pretty sure mine has the same coming from passenger side. As [MENTION=53985]AaronJeff[/MENTION] as soon as the radio is on a few clicks you can't hear it. Only when inside the car is silent you can hear it buzz. I've tried bashing parts of the dashboard and glovebox while driving but to no avail. I did wonder if it might be the speaker itself inside the door card but I dont think it is.

Certainly much less noticeable than the seatbelt height adjuster buzz though and I tend to always have the radio on at least +5/6

If anyone does find the culprit, be sure to post :smiley:

Mine is coming from where the pillar meets the dashboard on the drivers side i think! [MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION]

Had this on the Stealth Bomber, this is what I found;

You will need to take the inner 'A' post cover off (the one in your picture) and put some gaffer type tape (sellotape should do the same trick) around the plastic prongs which protrude from the back of it then re-fit it. The rattle comes from the retaining clips in the metal of the 'A' post relaxing over time. By using the tape on the 'A' post cover this forces the clips a little and makes them a snug fit in the body once more. From memory there is two, possibly three of these.

Had this on the Stealth Bomber, this is what I found;

You will need to take the inner 'A' post cover off (the one in your picture) and put some gaffer type tape (sellotape should do the same trick) around the plastic prongs which protrude from the back of it then re-fit it. The rattle comes from the retaining clips in the metal of the 'A' post relaxing over time. By using the tape on the 'A' post cover this forces the clips a little and makes them a snug fit in the body once more. From memory there is two, possibly three of these.

Might give this a go, I'm guessing the A pillar cover just pulls off? It's just held on by the plastic retaining plugs?

Sorry, yes that's correct. With the door open if you hold the door seal and gently pull this towards the door opening this will release the door seal from the 'A' post. Once you have this free (only needs to come free the length of the trim) then you can get your hands between the trim and the body and prise the pegs from the clips. I would start from the top and when it's loose you can pull the trim upwards to get it from between the fascia and the 'A' post. To replace just do the above in reverse.

Finally got round to fixing this annoying rattle! Tried and tested throughout the week and the silent but annoying rattle seems to have disappeared!

I bought a tiny bit foam, then using a flat headed screwdriver moved the plastic casing on the pillar back slightly and slipped the foam in between that and the dash trim! Repeated it on the passenger side and it's worked a treat for me!

8464f8476fe0fb78de1c48e8b163dcc4.jpg