Be careful what you wish for....

3 years of moddin and 15k in parts later and I hated it and couldn't wait to get rid. The supercharger eat all the parts around it (including £1500 gearbox rebuild), the expensive coilovers I never adjusted. The 5k brembo's never saw a track, I was worried about parking it anywhere and even at 300+ bhp, I always wanted more. It was too low at front so had to always avoid spend bumps or car parks. The car was in and out the garage cause mods were never 'plug n play. Mechanic hated working on it and called it "the yoyo car". Parts were never just off the shelf and everything was a pain in the arse to work proberly.
A real love hate car.....never again. It was like having a crack habit. Parted it out and lucky for me made back 10k. The funny thing is the car drove better 'standard'. Be careful what you wish for!!! The only thing I have left is the number plate.

Picture002.jpg

Last edited:
sometimes its just better to let the manufacturers do the hard work and a few mods ie brake pads and better tyres are probably the cost effect way to go...oh and some driving lessons as well (for some anyway!!!):001_rolleyes:

I guess its just a lesson of what can happen when you lose control of the "modding" and it gets out of hand. Theres a fine line between what can be done, and what needs to be done.

I normally only replace bits that break/fail with uprated parts rather than mods for the sake of it the exception for me this time around was the Recaros for my 200 which were pure luxury lol.

Think the "Ding Dong" comment has been taken the wrong way.

I'm 100% sure it was meant in the context of; Ding dong, that looks sweet! Nowt else racial or otherwise suggested.

Is that 'help spending it' LOL, if so....

Dear Litchy,

For Christmas, I would like....

:wink:

Only if you sit on my knee.....lol

Never planned it but like every addiction, starts small and grows!!! No wonder I want to do everything on the clio cheap....lol

Only if you sit on my knee.....lol

Never planned it but like every addiction, starts small and grows!!! No wonder I want to do everything on the clio cheap....lol

that can/should in some ways provide more satisfaction then just throwing money at a car...:thumbup:

Wow does this sound like a familiar story! I know exactly how you felt mate, unfortunately I'm in the same place with the 197. But for me it's about being unique and owning something that reflects abit of you in it. Mine drives better to me but I dare say more sensible owners would shudder at the thought of using my car above their own.

And I've spent a fair bit on mine too...:worried:

Wow does this sound like a familiar story! I know exactly how you felt mate, unfortunately I'm in the same place with the 197. But for me it's about being unique and owning something that reflects abit of you in it. Mine drives better to me but I dare say more sensible owners would shudder at the thought of using my car above their own.

And I've spent a fair bit on mine too...:worried:

The most frightening thing is adding up the receipts!!!!!

A friend of mine spent 15 grand on a engine for his cosworth. Picked the car up late one night and had a 400 mile round trip. Arrived home at midnight knackered. Put the receipt and keys on on side and went to bed. Unfortunately, wife woke up before him, seen the receipt and now him and his car are single!!!!!

The most frightening thing is adding up the receipts!!!!!

A friend of mine spent 15 grand on a engine for his cosworth. Picked the car up late one night and had a 400 mile round trip. Arrived home at midnight knackered. Put the receipt and keys on on side and went to bed. Unfortunately, wife woke up before him, seen the receipt and now him and his car are single!!!!!

result :thumbup: