Best oil

Lukesaxby

Platinum Member
Whats the best oil to either top up or change over to as I need to put some in mine and where to buy it.

Also I have had my car 7 months and it should of had a service when I got it from renaults, the oil mark is less than half, is that normal to burn that much oil and I have no leaks 100%

Silkolene Pro S 5w-40 is most widely used on here as an upgrade oil, can be got from opie oils.

Some 197s burn alot of oil, others none. I think its pretty normal yeah.

YACCO VX1000 - ESTHER - PAO 100%SYNTHETIC 5W40 ACEA A3/B4 changed to it when the car had 10 thousand km on the clock, now on 65 kkm and no oil burning

What's wrong with Elf oil? Most of the Elf range is developed in conjunction with Renault.

I used Elf's Evolution SXR 5w-40 in my Megane II and I also used it for my 200's first oil change... Its ACEA A3/B4 approved and one of the few that fulfill Renault's RN007 criteria...

What's wrong with Elf oil? Most of the Elf range is developed in conjunction with Renault.

I used Elf's Evolution SXR 5w-40 in my Megane II and I also used it for my 200's first oil change... Its ACEA A3/B4 approved and one of the few that fulfill Renault's RN007 criteria...

Elf doesnt get great reviews around the world, im not saying it isnt upto the job. But the other oils offer more heat stability and protection, making them ideal for harder used/modified clios.

I bet thay are better oils than ELF around, but keep in mind that this engine was developed to use that oil, so you shouldn't have any problem with it.