Big Bens non Clio

Think my rear calliper might be sticking so time for some brake maintenance!
Not something I usually do but the weather is decent so bought some goodies and have made a start. Calliper bolts came away after some WD40 and persuasion:smiley:

gear.png rusty.png

Reactions: Dystant
Wish I was at home playing with cars rather than being stuck in the office!

Hope you get whatever is giving you issues sorted mate, and hope it's just a minor.

Now, the big question. You said end of the week. It's end of the week... and golden goodness on the horizon yet?

Wish I was at home playing with cars rather than being stuck in the office!

Hope you get whatever is giving you issues sorted mate, and hope it's just a minor.

Now, the big question. You said end of the week. It's end of the week... and golden goodness on the horizon yet?
Haha well remembered. They're trying to finish them before they go home tonight!!

I'm like a coiled spring...

Tyres are booked for fitting 09:30 tomorrow so they better bloody be ready:smile:

Even if it doesn't solve your problem mate it's definitely worth having taken the time to clean them anyway! :thumb:

Reactions: ///M
Haha well remembered. They're trying to finish them before they go home tonight!!

I'm like a coiled spring...

Tyres are booked for fitting 09:30 tomorrow so they better bloody be ready:smile:

Oh come on Ben mate, I'm like a father waiting for his first born over here!

:smiley:

Can't wait to see them on. As I said before, hopefully something similar happening to ours soon.

Even if it doesn't solve your problem mate it's definitely worth having taken the time to clean them anyway! :thumb:
Yep going to maintain the brakes myself now. Have a pin punch to tackle the front Brembos tomorrow. Should be interesting:wink:

Haven't been out yet to see if there's a difference. Will do so tomorrow

Yep going to maintain the brakes myself now. Have a pin punch to tackle the front Brembos tomorrow. Should be interesting:wink:

Haven't been out yet to see if there's a difference. Will do so tomorrow

Good luck with the front pins mate you'll need it!

Few tips:
  • Hit them from behind a few times first before trying from the front
  • Boil the kettle and get a little bit of hot water on them if you can't hammer them out
  • You'll more than likely damage them on the way out so you're gonna want a replacement set just in case

Good luck with the front pins mate you'll need it!

Few tips:
  • Hit them from behind a few times first before trying from the front
  • Boil the kettle and get a little bit of hot water on them if you can't hammer them out
  • You'll more than likely damage them on the way out so you're gonna want a replacement set just in case
Thanks for the heads up mate. Had new pads and discs fitted all round about 9months ago so hoping the pins not seized!

Reactions: Dystant
Thanks for the heads up mate. Had new pads and discs fitted all round about 9months ago so hoping the pins not seized!

If work was done that recently I'm sure they will be fine :smile:

I'm almost certain the original front pads from when the car was manufactured in 2010 were still fitted on mine, so mine may not even have been touched for 7 years :tearsofjoy:

This is what the old pins looked like:

LpdyGCI.jpg