Bilstein B14 or KW v1 On Clio 200

Clarki99

Paid Member
I have been slowly converting my 200 to a full on track car.

I am going to change the springs and dampers (it's currently just running on H&R springs with original cup chassis dampers) but I'm not too bothered about having coilovers with lots of adjustment as I want to rock up at track days and drive rather than spend time fiddling with rebound settings.

So just wondered if anybody has fitted either B14 Bilsteins or the KW v1 and run them on track more than road and if so what do you think?

Cheers,

Ian.

I can only comment on the B14's in comparison but I know that KW quality has drastically declined in the last few years, to the point we no longer sell them due to issues, leaking inserts and noises

I'd leave it on the standard cup suspension if was going to for the kw v1s. I don't think KW are they are cracked up to be unless spending a lot money on v3's or club sports. Im running bilstens on mine as track car and they been great so far. Be even better when poly push the car too.

Did you fit powerflex bushes and if so purple or black. I have fitted purple engine/gearbox mounts but now its just a track car was thinking of the black suspension bushes rather than purple.

Have just had the b14s fitted along with adjustable top mounts, the castor adjustable powerflex rear bush and engine mount inserts. Have done one trackday on them and 2 or 3 backroad outings. I think these are a good option for people like me who don't want the adjustability as they're clueless! Ride is a little harsher than standard - reduced roll and improved grip. On a smooth A road on decent tyres I'd just set cruise and steer :smile:

You could go stiffer for a track only car but these are a good coilover and definite improvement over the cup set up from my experience so far.

Just don't hit a significant pot hole with the solid mounts and coilies as I have on a couple of occasions!

I haven't poly bushed it yet. But I'll just go for the purple ones mate.

i do have adjustable top mounts as well, they make a big difference too! Also shimmed the rear aswell

Just fitted a B14 kit in my 2010 Clio Cup.
What would be the ideal set-up? I read somewhere that 6 and 4 threads from top rear and front.
3145826e901039a43dcc4dd47e3a9dc0.jpg

1a86a6bc19c6812dde407cc71df07a16.jpg

97f2ee4965e1ff70151ca51c1edd1457.jpg

[MENTION=52480]sabloke[/MENTION] ... looking for a B14 set-up myself. could you tell how much your's is lowered (in cm or inches)? cheers.
(those allegeritta's look great on your clio, btw.)

-2 degrees at the rear. Yeh it's made a difference. Helps keep the tyre flatter under cornering. If track
car probley go too 2.5-3

rear arb has really helped the car too that just added

-2 degrees at the rear. Yeh it's made a difference. Helps keep the tyre flatter under cornering. If track
car probley go too 2.5-3. rear arb has really helped the car too that just added

thanks for the info. (only track the car occasionally)

[MENTION=52480]sabloke[/MENTION] ... looking for a B14 set-up myself. could you tell how much your's is lowered (in cm or inches)? cheers.
(those allegeritta's look great on your clio, btw.)
Car now 35 mm lower than RS200 Cup front and rear.