Black 197 - Menzerna products

Hello guys,

After some advice. I got a DAS-6 Pro along with an assortment of pads and polishes I thought would be good enough to tackle the paint, but I wasn't expecting the paint to be this hard to work with. I initially got the products from a Detailingworld thread by MCC on a black R26.
Just wondered if anyone else has used the following products and what I could add in as a first stage to tackle the car before refinement, not worried about staying souly with Menzerna but wanted to shy away from a whole new batch of polishes if possible.
At the moment the process I used is:
Orange hex - PF2300
Yellow Hex - PF2400
White Hex - PBBH
Wax

The car looks 100x better than it did, paint looks fantastic but you can still see slight swirls in heavy sunlight, was especially visible yesterday which is why I'm asking.
I used the same process on my mums black Corsa the other week and it now looks better than when she got it from the dealer, 3 weeks on and no visible swirls or defects after 2 washes so it makes me think I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Different paints react differently to mopping. What works on one may not work on another even two seemingly identical cars.
It's a case of trying different things and experimenting. Removing swirls completely can be a major undertaking, in some cases 10hrs + !
I was surprised at how hard the Renault paint is tbh I used Farecla G3, G6 and Megs ultimate compound on mine in the end!.

Different paints react differently to mopping. What works on one may not work on another even two seemingly identical cars.
It's a case of trying different things and experimenting. Removing swirls completely can be a major undertaking, in some cases 10hrs + !
I was surprised at how hard the Renault paint is tbh I used Farecla G3, G6 and Megs ultimate compound on mine in the end!.

If your doing it in less than 10hrs you are probably not fully removing the defects tbh.

To the OP, you could possibly try FG400 (Menzerna) this has the most cut in the range, but also finishes down quite nicely and can be used with a cutting pad or polishing pad.
Alternatively have you considered the Meguiars Microfibre cutting pads and polishes, these will cut quite dramatically.

I found gtechniq p1 polish with a chemical guys orange pad worked very well for me. It took a good two days solid to complete 99%. I then used gtechniq c1 crystal lacquer to stop the swirls coming back. And the beading is something to behold!

I've not used the exact compounds your using, but other than pad failures I've not had too many problems with using Menz products on Renaultsport paint. I've done a couple of members on here and my own car with a decent amount of success.

Here's PF2500 with a Menz compounding pad
From this
13220740594_22ae13c0da_b.jpgIMG_8343 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

To This
13220648034_098937ecb8_b.jpgIMG_8363 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

I then finished it off with a second stage cut and finish but this was the first cut. ^

It might not necessarily be your product it could also be a little to do with your method. Have you done plenty of research in to proper use of the DA? I found vids like the ones on Youtube by Junkman2000 pretty helpful.

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses! Much appreciated.
I have watched and read a lot on the Detailing world forum before purchasing the DAS6 Pro as a beginner machine all of which where really helpful. I have looked at the FG400, cut wise it looks like it could remove the last of the few scratches I have that are bugging the hell out of me just need to decide on a pad.
Robo, panel looks exactly like my bonnet did before I started, your before and after shots are similar to the improvement I saw but yours looks like it's fully corrected and mine wasn't quite there. I'll have a look at PF2500 and some menzerna pads, I've been watching some more videos on my lunch breaks/in the evenings and there are a few things I'm going to try out at the weekend that might help. Robo with your experience using menzerna if I was to buy FG400 and some new pads which would you suggest to use with my products? Only ever looked at Hex logic's so not sure where to start.
Been a great learning curve, nothing beats making your car look incredible without paying someone a fortune.

Last edited:
If your doing it in less than 10hrs you are probably not fully removing the defects tbh.

To the OP, you could possibly try FG400 (Menzerna) this has the most cut in the range, but also finishes down quite nicely and can be used with a cutting pad or polishing pad.
Alternatively have you considered the Meguiars Microfibre cutting pads and polishes, these will cut quite dramatically.
Hi @detail1 , I've been reading up on it this afternoon, looks like it could be the key.
I've not really looked to heavily into the megs range although I use megs for almost everything else! Would you have any suggestions that I could incorperate into what I already own and then replace with as and when I can?
I'll do some more research tonight and see what I can find.

Much appreciated!

Last edited: