Bonnet Stuck Closed

Hi, im just having a few problems today with my Clio 200.

the bonnet release catch is moving and I can feel resistance against the lever like the cable is still attached however I cant get the bonnet to open.

Has anyone had this problem or know of a work around to open the bonnet without having to take the car back to the steelers for repair as it is out of warranty?

Thanks in advance

Rudger

it always felt a little stiff, but no more than any other cars I have had before (including a 197)

Rudger

might need another person to apply some movement/pressure on the bonnet whilst the cable is pulled to get it to open...

Thanks for the suggestion Foxspeed I was trying that about 30 mins ago, but the handle now seems a little looser so im guessing that the cable has now gone. and the bonnet is still stuck :worried:

I have called A dealership they are quoting over £200-£300 for replacement latch, Cable, Mechanism and around 2 hours labour

Thanks for the suggestion Foxspeed I was trying that about 30 mins ago, but the handle now seems a little looser so im guessing that the cable has now gone. and the bonnet is still stuck :worried:

I have called A dealership they are quoting over £200-£300 for replacement latch, Cable, Mechanism and around 2 hours labour

sounds like they are having you bent over on that one....it might only need some lubrication once its opened!!!

That was why I was hoping someone had seen the same problem and found an easy work around.

I have noticed that if you look through the gap between the front bumper and the bonnet just above the radiator I can see what I think is the positioning bolt for the bonnet mechanism is anyone able to confirm?

Thanks

Rudger