Braided brake lines?

Cheers for that.

I've seen that most people go for HEL or Goodridge lines on here. I'm gonna assume they are just as good as each other?

Seen that K-Tec do lines aswell but they are just HEL lines with an extra £25 on top of the normal price?

heared bad things about goodridge hoses splitting, ive always used hel on my hondas there a spot on fit with all the bits you need to do it

Get HEL to make u some martin. They cost 50 quid more but then u can have braided from master cylinder to individual calipers :wink:

always used HEL on my race bikes. used to get a race discount direct from the manufacturer and worked out about half the price of the goodridge ones.

the only time i have used goodridge hoses they sent the wrong type for my bike and I had to really fight for a refund.

never had a problm with HEL on bikes anyway.

The £20ish difference can go towards new fluid!!! :wink:

I've had Goodridge on other cars in the past and found them to be very good.

Had my HEL ones delivered last week but they're not fitted yet so I can't comment on performance but the build quality of them is brilliant.

I bought some Goodridge ones once only to find the rear ones didn't fit (labelled up with wrong mk number). Researched into the problem on the web to find that the correct kit didn't work with lowered cars, the lines would rub on part of the suspension until they eventually failed and you lost the brakes.

Wouldn't buy goodridge again after their incompetence with my old car

Because the hoses are rubber and the rest of the line is metal (copper?). The hoses are the part which expands under braking, giving the soft pedal and are therefore the part to replace for a firmer pedal

what about the bit after the metal part? all im getting at is ther should be braided front to back if u wana do it properly

I think its metal all the way from master cylinder to the wheel arch, certainly was on my old car

nope, they are metal for another 6 inches then go back to spongey rubber.

I never noticed any difference to the pedal feel with my old 197 on track. Maybe that is because all my attention was focused on staying out of the kitty litter. lol

For me I'm sticking with standard on the 200.

Mine was one of the first 197 with goodridge lines and did they cause headaches.

I always put braided lines on my bike and it does make a difference if the rubber has been on a while and deteriorated . They are braided the whole way tho.

I had HEL lines on my 182. I had HC discs and DS2500 pads upgraded at the same time so noticed a huge difference.

I originally bought Goodridge and they were too long and three different lengths. shocking.