Brakes

Hi all

when I brake ( anytime but only noticeable properly from speed ? The steering wheel wobbles left to right very quickly.

brakes n pass aren't fully worn so not sure what it might be.

Build up of pad material stuck on disc due to seized calipers (which is common on these cars) perhaps.

Could be either of the above.

When were the calipers last serviced? If it's over a year I would suggest you strip, clean and inspect them. It's likely that the inside pad is stuck, so you aren't getting anything like the amount of braking force you should.

If the discs/pads are nearing the end of their life (>50% worn), I would replace them at the same time as servicing the caliper, they aren't expensive. Makes sense to start with fresh so you can rule out the discs and pads.

Do this, and your brakes will be fine for another 12 months minimum. It's best to strip and clean them at least once a year.

Okay thank you.

I am not in a position to strip and clean unfortunately as wouldn't know where to start, don't have the tools and so on.

will run back up to TwoTechs and let them drive it I think, fronts could do with new pads and discs tbh.

Stick with OEM?

OEM will be totally fine. There are some aftermarket items available, but standard kit is more than up the job if you just use your car on the road.