Brighter standard headlights?

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I like the 'standard' look with my headlights but they arent very bright. Is it possible to just get brighter bulbs which are still legal and give off the standard yellow light?

If so could someone please link to the ones I would need.

Thanks
James

According to manual you need to watch fitting more powerful bulbs as it mentions they can deform/melt the lens.

Also you need to stay clear of the really high wattage bulbs as they will cause a problem for the electrics producing faults and worse case starting fire

According to manual you need to watch fitting more powerful bulbs as it mentions they can deform/melt the lens.

Also you need to stay clear of the really high wattage bulbs as they will cause a problem for the electrics producing faults and worse case starting fire

Ouch that doesnt sound good! I thought this would be quite an easy thing just nip down to halfrauds and pick up some higher powered bulbs........obviously not.

Maybe I should just spend some money and get some projectors instead!! Thatll keep me happy for a bit. :001_rolleyes:

thing is you may not need to go higher power just better brand, take a look at Osram night breakers had them fitted to a few cars same power output as oem but quality of light so much better.

Also phillips do some good bulbs they mess around with using different gas mixture to produce a cleaner light without resorting to upping the wattage

thing is you may not need to go higher power just better brand, take a look at Osram night breakers had them fitted to a few cars same power output as oem but quality of light so much better.

Also phillips do some good bulbs they mess around with using different gas mixture to produce a cleaner light without resorting to upping the wattage

Osram Night breakers are good aren't they Paul?

I am looking at replacing them with my current ones later in the year.

Just looked in handbook also need to check night breakers also anti UV as well so as not to damage the lens.

Found the answer under FAQ's they say all their bulbs are now anti UV

Last edited:
Cheers for helping me out and finding out the answer to anti UV Paul. :smile:

No problem, When it's time to change my bulbs wanted to go with them as well. Previous car had 1st gen. night breakers and on high beam's and with the PIAA driving lamps on as well, it was like turning unlit country road into daylight and they were all stock power rating.