Buy new Car this weekend? and a question to ask?

im buying a cio cup 197 and ive hpi checked it b4 i pick up friday.
i want to kno why does it just say 197 clio not clio 197 CUP is this normal.??:uk:

Is it the cup version or does it have the cup pack added on? If the later then i suppose that will be why

im not sure its one im buying on friday.
Just search on trader seen it etc going to view it on friday with possible buy.
Its white 58 with all bits on reacros aircon and all add ons skirts etc.
does anyone own a cup and does it show on logbook at cup or hpi?

are the side strips black or colour coded.

If CC'd then its a 197 with cup pack.

if black strips its a Cup

are the cup brembos red on the 197 too?
so if it has colour coded side skirts, and red brembo's, it's an f/f with cup pack specced, rather than just a boggo cup?

cheers, stu.

Sounds like a 197 (some refer to as Fullfat) with the Cup Pack added and options on top.

Cups are cheaper than 197's with cup pack added.

a standard 197 has more available options than a cup. (climate, Bluetooth, USB, heated folding mirrors, xenons, auto lights and wipers.) also has keyless entry and start. none of this is available on a cup.

Also dash and steering wheel are different material in the cup (from the lower range clios)

hhmmm i wanted a cup but then again i like lux extras etc.
so if you had 9.5 and agree on a clio with full cups extra with low miles.
or would you go for a clio cup stand for same money.
i thought if i get a cup it will hold its money rather then a 197 with cups pack.

I have an R27 which is essentially a 197 with cup pack and recaros. I think its the best of both worlds but personal preference.

a cup will cost less and be worth less in the future but its all relative.

heres the link to the car churchies is looking at.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...page/1/keywords/cup/postcode/s728jq?logcode=p

it is a 197 with cup pack and all the toys by the looks of it. (pretty much an r27 without the stickers and plaque)

Last edited:
ok il go and get it friday then excited :smiley:
i owned a stand 197 but i bought a house and needed doing couldnt do both so car went
now bit better off time for a beast wanted a R27 but white ones look the bees