Cambelt Question

Hi, hope I'm in the right section. I'm buying a car that has had the cambelt done at 42k (it's currently on 62k). Going by the buyers guide on here it says cambelts should be done every 72k. If this is the case am I right in thinking I don't need to worry about a cambelt until around 114k? Hope someone can help :smile:

I believe they need to be replaced every 72000 miles OR 6 years. Whichever comes sooner

Yes, the late 2008 and early 2009 (last of the 197's) had the 6 year interval of the 200.

but as they all use the EXACT SAME PARTS it's safe to assume that even on the 197 a 6 year interval should be fine.

I second this. They probably were more cautious with the first models and then extended the interval when they found they for once didn't have a lot of failures.

Yes, the late 2008 and early 2009 (last of the 197's) had the 6 year interval of the 200.

but as they all use the EXACT SAME PARTS it's safe to assume that even on the 197 a 6 year interval should be fine.

cannot ague with that

Similar Thread Suggestions