Car booked in at RS Tuning (update)

Clio's booked in with RS Tuning for next Thursday. Finally will be able to see if there was any merit in the cup airbox and matched inlets (with a map). I had a power run at chip wizards and the car produced 205 bhp (without the map) so will be interesting to see the outcome?

Last edited:
Sounds like you will be on for a good figure there then litch. One of the LY 197s on here is running cams i thought? Is it MikeLYR27?

Will be interesting to see what difference you will see. The V6 airbox will be our next mod then a remap (Would like cams also but cant see it for a wee while though).

Will be interesting to see what difference you will see. The V6 airbox will be our next mod then a remap (Would like cams also but cant see it for a wee while though).

Cams would be nice. Great mod but I think a bit expensive for me just yet. Around £1800 new fitted for 25 bhp??? Like most things on the Clio, expensive mod for small gains.
If the map gives me anything around 208 -210 bhp, I'd be more than happy with that, given that exhaust (s\hand), inlets, racing battery and airbox (S\hand) cost me around £500.

Last edited:
If the map gives me anything around 208 -210 bhp, I'd be more than happy with that, given that exhaust (s\hand), inlets, racing battery and airbox (S\hand) cost me around £500.

That would be a fast motor tbh. Not that they arent standard!

I dont think you need much more for the road tbh but then it is always on our minds isnt it!!!

Damn the modding bug!

just got back from RS tuning. What a couple of sound blokes. No bull**** and good honest fella's.
Now the car. Original power run at chipwizards =204bhp without map. At RS tuning 191bhp without Map. Paul did say from the outset that it would be different given the different type of equipment. Also said 191 without map was a good start. Finished at 196bhp and the car is transformed!!!!! smooth, responsive and great mid range torque. I've used half a tank since cause can't stop driving it.
There may be more powerful cars out there but the balance between power and handling, the clio is a hard package to beat. Not saying I won't chase more power but at present, really happy. Additional bonus, I took my car whilst I was there to pauls dads garage cause I thought it need a shock but turned out to be only the subframe needed tightening -£28!!! result. So I'm gonna buy some RS side skirts with the money left over.

Just leaves me to have a serious conversation with Paul about another Meg engine transplant next summer.....???

Last edited:
Awesome news litch! I know what you means about the mapping it is a good thing to do! Especially with your v6 airbox i think isnt it?

The engine transplant sounds beast!

just got back from RS tuning. What a couple of sound blokes. No bull**** and good honest fella's.
Now the car. Original power run at chipwizards =204bhp without map. At RS tuning 191bhp without Map. Paul did say from the outset that it would be different given the different type of equipment. Also said 191 without map was a good start. Finished at 196bhp and the car is transformed!!!!! smooth, responsive and great mid range torque. I've used half a tank since cause can't stop driving it.
There may be more powerful cars out there but the balance between power and handling, the clio is a hard package to beat. Not saying I won't chase more power but at present, really happy. Additional bonus, I took my car whilst I was there to pauls dads garage cause I thought it need a shock but turned out to be only the subframe needed tightening -£28!!! result. So I'm gonna buy some RS side skirts with the money left over.

Just leaves me to have a serious conversation with Paul about another Meg engine transplant next summer.....???

nice to hear all the good results, heard u were already talking to paul about it lol :tongueout:

Thats uncanny.

When I had the air box on mine with matched inlets it made 191 without a re-map.
Any pics of the graph and the torque figure ?

Awesome news litch! I know what you means about the mapping it is a good thing to do! Especially with your v6 airbox i think isnt it?

The engine transplant sounds beast!

I'm following Jonesy lead. Hats off to him, after talking to Paul, he says they've learn't a lot through doing his car so that makes it easier for the rest of us to follow.....

nice to hear all the good results, heard u were already talking to paul about it lol :tongueout:

lol...its hard not to imagine a clio with 260bhp, lsd and a set of kw's. That would be some package....

Thats uncanny.

When I had the air box on mine with matched inlets it made 191 without a re-map.
Any pics of the graph and the torque figure ?

Will post tmw......

Good stuff Litchy, sounds like you have a good one, especially considering the history!! :smile:

Good stuff Litchy, sounds like you have a good one, especially considering the history!! :smile:

Your not wrong....Its funny cause its strange how these clio's draw you in. Fixed it to keep it for a few months but now as much as I think about selling it at times, can't think of a package that could offer you so much for so little money. I have a E90 bmw 330d family car that I have to make myself drive. Who would have thought that would have happened? Don't need any excuse to drive the clio!!!!
Wifes now got a diesel, daughters now taking driving lessons and we've bought her a pug 107 and so good bye BM.

LOL you will have to stick with the Clio then! Such a shame haha! :wink:

I couldn't agree more, I drive it once a week (if that), it basically eats money, petrol, tyres. BUT I don't want to part with it at all!

Cams would be nice. Great mod but I think a bit expensive for me just yet. Around £1800 new fitted for 25 bhp???

do you really think that with cams we take 25bhp?? :huh:
MAX 15bhp..

i hope that someone can test his 197 (with cams) versus a standard 197:bounce1:

not only on dyno!! on track:smile:

do you really think that with cams we take 25bhp?? :huh:
MAX 15bhp..

i hope that someone can test his 197 (with cams) versus a standard 197:bounce1:

not only on dyno!! on track:smile:

Maybe, just theres been a couple on here that made 220ish with cams which represents 25bhp more than I made....

sure have learnt alot mate, and there is still more too learn, as the car still isnt 100% sorted yet. Header tank still not right and some of the pipe work needs tidying up, part from that, its as if its came out of the factory, need any info just pm me

sure have learnt alot mate, and there is still more too learn, as the car still isnt 100% sorted yet. Header tank still not right and some of the pipe work needs tidying up, part from that, its as if its came out of the factory, need any info just pm me

Cheers. Its realistically 10 months off if at all. I want to buy a donor car first, pref rear ended R26. TBH there is always option just to buy a R26 anyway and let Paul do his magic on that?