Car Photographer from Surrey

So picked the car up!
527125_661004983971556_245623742_n.jpg

First thoughts are that it has more torque than I was expecting. Comparing it to a GT86 (which I've just spent 3 months driving) it has a lot more pull low down and having that high a rev limit is amazing!
There are a few bits that need sorting, the wipers, alloys need a refurb (shall I go black?), one brake light is out but the bulb is fine (any ideas?!), seats lowering, steering wheel needs to be closer and it needs a rear wing and splitter!

It surprised me how aggressive the lift off oversteer is, it snapped quite hard on me yesterday exiting a roundabout in the wet. Think the tyres have something to do with that, they'll be replaced in due time for nicer ones. The way it steers though is much nicer than my lowered mini and the GT86.

The big debate is do I keep the stickers?

ah nice clio, i was in the blue 197 when you entered one of umairs last meets sideways behind me in the gt86. ha

Yeah, my foot slipped off the clutch :wink:

Welcome to the Family enjoy

Thanks

Welcome! Awesome photography man. If you're free, there's a few heading down to watch the BTCC this Sunday at Brands!

Might pop down, still undecided. I might go for a blast to the coast to take photos of it :smiley:

Big fan of your photography, and the car looks lovely too. Actually just chatting to someone you will know, Andy (madmover), who told me you'd got one, so look forward to seeing a few shots with it!

Thanks mate, yeah was chatting to him yesterday. It was a drive in his old clio that made me actually consider one!

:welcome: to the forum. Had a quick flick through your FB page, there's no doubt I've seen some of your pictures before, brilliant work. *must, resist, urge, to, fanboy...*

It looks like the POTM competition just got blown wide open though haha!

It says no professionals in the rules... I'll be taking a lot of photos though, I'm in love with the colour!!

Nah, you'll be fine to enter. The rules are you have to have taken the picture yourself (not hire someone else), but if you happen to be a pro 'tog yourself that's OK.

Although we'll have none of this fancy post production malarky, I've seen the composite of the GT86 you put on the carousel :wink: :smiley:. Basic white balance, cropping and colour correction only please lol.

Racing blue is a fantastic colour, tricky to capture right though it seems (you see lots of washed out pictures of it, where it just looks like baby blue) I doubt you'll struggle though haha.

Nah, you'll be fine to enter. The rules are you have to have taken the picture yourself (not hire someone else), but if you happen to be a pro 'tog yourself that's OK.

Although we'll have none of this fancy post production malarky, I've seen the composite of the GT86 you put on the carousel :wink: :smiley:. Basic white balance, cropping and colour correction only please lol.

Racing blue is a fantastic colour, tricky to capture right though it seems (you see lots of washed out pictures of it, where it just looks like baby blue) I doubt you'll struggle though haha.

How about no editing? :smiley: (was taken on a camera worth 5 times what the car is worth though...)
13448961634_fd2b7c9cbb_o.jpg

Nice motor mate great last shot:thumbup:What camera did you use then?puts my Lumix to shame hahaha!Think i will get my self a good camera one day:wink:

Nice motor mate great last shot:thumbup:What camera did you use then?puts my Lumix to shame hahaha!Think i will get my self a good camera one day:wink:

It was shot on a Hasselblad H5d 60 that I've got on loan for a few weeks

Looks like you choose a cracking example there bud :smile: Would also be interested in a photoshoot sometime if your keen

Sure, just shout - I don't want to get in trouble with mods though, I'm not here for work, I'm here to enjoy the forum!