car wont start

hi has anyone ever heard of a clio not starting when the steering wheel doesn't automatically lock?

my mom has a 2.0 clio s and it woudnlt start the other day renault said its v starter motor at £570. but it went to ford as a family member works there and they cnt find anything wrong with it, and its work ever since. any1 had these problems before

many thanks

Can't say I've heard of that before!?! Could've been anything, if it's fine now then I wouldn't worry. :smile:

mine did this a few weeks back. I pressed the starter button and there was just a constant clicking noise and the car just would not start. error message of sterring not locked kept coming up. I thought FFS and stormed off into town while waiting for the AA cause they said they would be 4 hours. Walked back to the car jumped in pressed the button and it started first time. I have just ignored it as it hasnt done it again since

Sometimes the steering lock plays up, one is it wont start due to the steering not locking and the other is when the steering lock doesnt disingaged, then in that case you have to give it a big tug to help it along

My LY197 has done this twice in the last week with the steering lock message! Does no one know what causes this? Or how to get it to start when it does happen?