Car wont start

Went for a drive today parked up for an hour went shopping and came back and car started but was running rough and keep dying. had to be towed by AA but the man linked computer in and came up knock sensor. car is turning over but doesnt seem to be getting fuel and there is no noise from fuel pump.

Ideas im putting forward....

immobiliser as red light is flashing when key is in if so how do you re-sync

fuel pump is away? if so how do i test or is there a relay for it sumwhere?

thanks for help guys

check for fuel pump pressurising the system when you try to start it

also crank sensor will stop it starting but not show up on fault scanners/obd2

dont think the knock snesor will stop it from starting - more than likely make it run but in a safe mode to protect the engine

RENAULT Cannt find any faults on computer but said there is no engine speed when turning it over....

any ideas?

mechanic said about injector computer?

Im thinking tdc?

RENAULT Cannt find any faults on computer but said there is no engine speed when turning it over....

any ideas?

mechanic said about injector computer?

Im thinking tdc?

I think that's what Mr Fox would of meant by crank sensor, I seem to remember a few threads seeing them go but I don't think its an expensive part at all and may just need cleaning going off info from the older cars.

Shameful that the garage wouldn't find that though... too much reliance on diagnostic kit giving them the right answer maybe.

Funny enough if you google it, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tdc+sensor you just get a crap load of threads to do with Renaults :smiley: damned french cars! haha

Last edited:
Renault believe its a fuel pump so got one ordered heres hoping

So they are blindly guessing and making you foot the bill? I'd have taken it elsewhere to be honest. Is it still under warranty?

How would a fuel pump give an engine speed error? Surely it would make sense to start with the cheap crank sensor before buying a fuel pump?

Crazy!

Quick update the engine speed was related to a loose bolt near battery and the fuel pump isnt working so in process of removing myself but how in hecks name do u get the big nut off the top of fuel pump seems like its stuck on any ideas on a tool to get it off?

Quick update the engine speed was related to a loose bolt near battery and the fuel pump isnt working so in process of removing myself but how in hecks name do u get the big nut off the top of fuel pump seems like its stuck on any ideas on a tool to get it off?

theres a special renault tool to unscrew it....