Carbon bonnet

Im looking to order a k-tec carbon bonnet next week for my 197 cup. Just after some opinions really as to whether you think it will look any good? Does anyone have the k-tec bonnet on thier 197?

Cheers Shaun.

Iv done a photoshop of a CF bonnet on my liquid yellow 197. Its another thread in this section, think it wil be on page 2! Im really wantin t get it done but 2 new tyres stopped me lol! Personally I really like them - for looks rather than weight saving. If you can do it, I would!

it would look great on your white one with the black alloys,

awsome combo,

its a deffo for me mate,

it would look great on your white one with the black alloys,

awsome combo,

its a deffo for me mate,

I was thinking the same chappo it would match with the wheels and trims on the side, im after the mirror covers in carbon aswell and the cup spoiler i noticed that they do real carbon trims on both ends now.

Thanks for the replys, il go ahead and order next week and get pics up once fitted :thumbup1:

I was thinking the same chappo it would match with the wheels and trims on the side, im after the mirror covers in carbon aswell and the cup spoiler i noticed that they do real carbon trims on both ends now.

Thanks for the replys, il go ahead and order next week and get pics up once fitted :thumbup1:

this will look even better Bartlett with the added extra carbon bits as well mate, :lol::lol:

if i had a white one this would be the route i would deffo be taking :tongue_smilie:

it will be one stunning looking 197, :thumbup:

I personally think the carbon bonnet would look great on any colour apart from black :'( As we have seen, it looks amazing on white and just as good on LY.

Fitted a CF bonnet to my Nimbus silver - I was a bit worried that it may not look too good but I have to say that I am really happy. Was easy enough to fit only thing was that the washer holes were not already in - they are a keyhole opening so it was a fiddle making them. Also we had to use original washer hoses as only the washer jet modules were supplied. KTec said that it was all done (in their website description), maybe the've changed the spec. or their descrition as I did onform them that it was incorrect - check before ordering.
The final fit is very good and the CF finish is luurvleey. I was thinking of a CF rear diffuser and mirror covers also but boy they are costly - so am hanging off for now !
Forgot to say that all the styling creases are exactly the same - so it does look identical in styling terms !

Fitted a CF bonnet to my Nimbus silver - I was a bit worried that it may not look too good but I have to say that I am really happy. Was easy enough to fit only thing was that the washer holes were not already in - they are a keyhole opening so it was a fiddle making them. Also we had to use original washer hoses as only the washer jet modules were supplied. KTec said that it was all done (in their website description), maybe the've changed the spec. or their descrition as I did onform them that it was incorrect - check before ordering.
The final fit is very good and the CF finish is luurvleey. I was thinking of a CF rear diffuser and mirror covers also but boy they are costly - so am hanging off for now !
Forgot to say that all the styling creases are exactly the same - so it does look identical in styling terms !

Thanks for that mate, i will ask them before i order.

Forgot to mention that there is no weight saving as the original bonnet is alloy - I only got mine so I could cut in an intake and didn't want to ruin the original unit. I am sure it would cost more to replace an original and get it re-sprayed if ever me (or next owner) were going put back to original condition. As an alternative you could think about a conformable carbon film. I guess this would achieve same look for a lot less money and wouldn't be too hard to fit yourself as there aren't too many curves to deal with on this particular panel. Maybe I should continue the CF theme and cover the roof - anyone think that this will look good - or am I being naff !??

Maybe I should continue the CF theme and cover the roof - anyone think that this will look good - or am I being naff !??

Not too sure on the roof TBH might look a bit overkill! You would have to do it in vinyl though so it could easily be removed if you did'nt like it and it wont be too expensive (less than the mirrors, but much bigger effect!)

Forgot to mention that there is no weight saving as the original bonnet is alloy - I only got mine so I could cut in an intake and didn't want to ruin the original unit. I am sure it would cost more to replace an original and get it re-sprayed if ever me (or next owner) were going put back to original condition. As an alternative you could think about a conformable carbon film. I guess this would achieve same look for a lot less money and wouldn't be too hard to fit yourself as there aren't too many curves to deal with on this particular panel. Maybe I should continue the CF theme and cover the roof - anyone think that this will look good - or am I being naff !??

Not too worried about the weight saving tbh mate, just for looks. Good idea about the carbon film though, if i was to get the film applied professionally would you be able to see a difference to a real carbon bonnet?

Thanks for your help.

Not too worried about the weight saving tbh mate, just for looks. Good idea about the carbon film though, if i was to get the film applied professionally would you be able to see a difference to a real carbon bonnet?

Thanks for your help.

If it was applied professionally you should not be able to notice a difference by looking at it. there are many different qualities so it really depends what you get. Only concern i had with this is stone chips etc if it would tear the vinyl and show the paintwork.

the main difference would be if you touched it, but who stands there rubbbing their car hey lol!

If it was applied professionally you should not be able to notice a difference by looking at it. there are many different qualities so it really depends what you get. Only concern i had with this is stone chips etc if it would tear the vinyl and show the paintwork.

the main difference would be if you touched it, but who stands there rubbbing their car hey lol!

...not me lol. I think i will just go for the real thing :smile:

Dont blame you at all! You would never be able to match the qaulity any other way!

Thats what i think. Hopefully it will be a perfect fit as they describe it to be, will order tomorrow morning so hopefully they will have them in stock for quick delivery :biggrin:

Thats what i think. Hopefully it will be a perfect fit as they describe it to be, will order tomorrow morning so hopefully they will have them in stock for quick delivery :biggrin:

lol good man! needless to say get the photos up soon as possible and keep us updated!