Carbon bonnet

Cheers mate, i was thinking carbon bonnet + RS splitter + second hand set of wheels sprayed black8) Should look good

Ordered my carbon bonnet today from k-tec, pick up saturday morning as they had 5 in stock. Will post some pics up the weekend once fitted if it all goes according to plan. :smile:

Clearly ben to the rescue:

DSC00984.gif

DSC00953.gif

DSC00945.gif

DSC00933.gif

DSC00931.gif

The bonnets very good quality and a brilliant fit too, worth noting its actually slightly heavier than std item.

Thanks for those pics mate unfortunatly i ordered from k-tec during the week and they said they had 5 in stock and i could pick one up today. Drove down there today and they didnt have any the computer was wrong. not getting anymore in til 10-12weeks either as they are changing their supplier.

Ah raging mate, ktec have done that loads with me. ended up waiting 3 months for braided brakelines!

Its not like 5 bonnets are hard to find lol.

Ah raging mate, ktec have done that loads with me. ended up waiting 3 months for braided brakelines!

Its not like 5 bonnets are hard to find lol.

i know it was on their system that they had 5 avaliable, luckily its only an hour away.

I dunno what the big hype is with ktec, or gay-tec as we call it around here.

Unreliable in my experience.

Looks great on a white car too. I am still pleased with mine too. I got some stones fired at me on track and whilst the windscreen came away with some bad chips the bonnet took the shots very well, no damage at all after a polish !

Sadly my car spends 100% of its time outside - I have to say that after the winter its looking a little wavy (reflections now look a bit distorted if you know what I mean). I remember it as a really smooth finish - wonder if the cold weather has affected the structure in some way...

cant see why it would. UV unstable laquer would discolour and fade but not warp. only other option is whether the bonnet is getting hot and warping? not sure this would happen, i know there are varying heat stability issues depending on whether its vac bagged or autoclaved etc, but still cant see that vac bag would warp from heat?