Change of complete seats

Hello guys. Looking at changing the seats in my 200. From the standard Renault sport ones to some race buckets like the oreca ones from ktec. How much ball ache is this ? New ones don't have any air bags so what's the deal with that part. Is it as simple as disconnecting the battery , taking the old seats , runners etc out and putting the new ones in ?

Any help / links would be ideal

Couple of helpful guides on here one by me about the airbag issues and an other one about using some box section as subframe I have used this method and pleased to report it works fine but there is a bit of messing about to get it right.
Don't be cheep on the seats I ran a cobra Monaco for a couple of weeks and they suck now running the Suzuka and it's like night and day different

A HUGE ball ache haha, it took grinding, hammering, modifying etc haha
took 3 of us half a day non stop to do it, and the other half doing the cage well about 60% of the day on the cage 40% on the seats

2522C077-6728-4FA0-84AC-19BF20B3A99F_zpsj5q5g7lc.jpg9C717C18-DCFB-4494-84D2-6F58862F3D11_zps3bn7ce2c.jpg819017C1-B054-4C49-9FD6-B3E392CF7EF6_zpsp9l8ufoh.jpg

Agreed with the no cheap seats. Coz they could be worse than standards.
And yes,don't get the Monaco ones.
It looks easier than it is. Because the bolts that fixed the old seats on to the floor is so tight, I brook two ratchet( coz they are cheap ones). And putting the new one on does take some time as well. So I would say it's roughly half a days worth of work.

I agree. When I put my OMP subframe a in I thought it would be easy. Pfffft Not even close. The bolts yankitm mentions are really tight and the space around them is very limited. I ended up buying a set of Allen key torques that made it easier than a ratchet

The ones I was thinking are these : http://www.corbeau-seats.com/cs

Not really sure if it's worth giving to ktec and saying just do it lol

on the uphand called my insurance company and I can change the seats, get it mapped and have the oreca race pipe for an extr £18 pound a year. Happy days !

Id just buy a second hand set of recaro's and get them trimmed in leather, rather expensive but will look the dogs dooda's

Yeah suppose. Just wNt some super light buckets. Not that concerned about recaros. Think I may open up a big can of worms by saying this but I think it's just a name thing. There is a lot better light seats out there Im sure

Yeah suppose. Just wNt some super light buckets. Not that concerned about recaros. Think I may open up a big can of worms by saying this but I think it's just a name thing. There is a lot better light seats out there Im sure

Yeah you are right it is a brand name thing but im a sucker for brands :lol:

Hmm I'm not sure if it's worth the Agro to be honest. I have a mate that's going to do it to his meg , going to see what ball ache he comes across as I'm sure there can't be much difference.

i guess you keep the standard runners but put sub frames on them to match the new seats otherwise your left with a fixed bucket position

The runners is stuck with the standards. So basically if you want a movable seats, you will need to get a pair of runners (about £30 from ebay) and mount it to the subframe.
One thing to bear it mind if many people do find adding the runner makes the driving position a bit too high.

About the choice of seats, it's a good idea to try them in real before getting it. Because they come in all sorts of size, you will need to find one that is snug fit to your backside without leave too much space or without cramping yourself.

Id just buy a second hand set of recaro's and get them trimmed in leather, rather expensive but will look the dogs dooda's

This is what i did and was very straight forward but if i was doing track days more than using my motor for every day use i would go for some fixed lighter seats,think the air bag lights will need doing as well.