Changing door sensor (not handles) on keyless entry

Already changed both handles a few months ago. The drivers door sensor is getting intermittent. It normally takes me pulling the handles 4-5 times for it to register (no probs on the passenger door) so I want to change it. Do I need to take the door panel off again to do so or can I remove it from the outside?

Thanks

have you tried replacing your battery in the card?! i know might be a silly question but that usually solves it.

I had a similar issue - the car wouldn't lock using the button on the handle. This was an intermittent thing too but more so when it rained. After some searching on here it was clear it wouldn't be a cheap fix if the handles were gone so I left it. I recently swapped the main car battery over for a Varley one and ever since I've had no problems. I'd perhaps get the bonnet up - check the fuses and connections, perhaps even disconnect the car battery for an hour and see if that helps...

I'll change the battery to see. Since I changed the handles, I never have a problem with the buttons and the sensor in the passenger door works first time so I don't think it is the battery. Not to expensive to eliminate though :smile:

Probably the door sensor and i think if you buy new then they aint too cheap. I got a good 2nd hand one of ebay for £10 so its worth checking there if you need one

yes - inner panel off and outer door handle off as the optical sensor is riveted on from the outside and is hidden by the outer door handle...

do a search I think I might of done a bit of a write up about it (I think)

yes - inner panel off and outer door handle off as the optical sensor is riveted on from the outside and is hidden by the outer door handle...

do a search I think I might of done a bit of a write up about it (I think)

Thanks, although I would have appreciated it if you had said the unit just pops out!!!! ;-)

wait until you have to pay for it....

Bloody Hell!!!! £108 + delivery before club discount from Karl. Going to look for a second hand one from Cit-Ren but have 2 questions:

1) How often do these parts break? I presume that the unit will be tested before purchase.
2) Karl said they are riveted to the door. If anyone has changed one, is there a guide to how you did it?

Thanks

Bloody Hell!!!! £108 + delivery before club discount from Karl. Going to look for a second hand one from Cit-Ren but have 2 questions:

1) How often do these parts break? I presume that the unit will be tested before purchase.
2) Karl said they are riveted to the door. If anyone has changed one, is there a guide to how you did it?

Thanks

I did say in an earlier post they are riveted on.....

Thanks Foxspeed, I saw your how to. How did you deal with the rivets and what did you replace them with?

Thanks Foxspeed, I saw your how to. How did you deal with the rivets and what did you replace them with?

drill the rivet out and rivet a new one in its place...I am lucky got a lot of tools :foxspeed: