Changing gear at low speed (noise)

Rishi

Platinum Member
I noticed a few times when im driving slow round a car park or something when i change up a gear (into 2nd or 3rd) i can hear light noises coming from the transmission, i wouldn't say its gears 'crunching' or 'banging' more 'clicking', the sound sometimes feels like its coming from around the cat aswell.

With all the gearbox threads its enough to make anyone paranoid!

im pretty sure its a sound from the gear box, i only hear it if the windows are down, radio off, no traffic around... the sound comes from the passenger window side, surely if the pedal was the source i'd hear it in the car with windows up.

Yup mine does it from first to second, only on occasion but yeah it isn't a problem! :smile:

Mine makes a strange noise when giving it some, especially when changing gears at high revs for some reason. Can't really put in to words the noise it makes tbh.

when i ingadge the clutch and put it into reverse i can hear a small clunk on the outside, that normal? apart from that its fine

Yeah I noticed this too, as they say, doubt its anything to worry about! As for the clutch pedal, does anyone else's click at about 3/4 of the way down? or as its coming back up?

I've heard my gears 'click' when I go from 1st to second when I have the windows down.
I've also heard it when engaging reverse. The changes are smooth and I have no other issues with the gearbox so I'm figuring its one of those things, its done it since I brought it.