Check emissions light on

Hi guys

Pulled out of a junction earlier and when I changed from 2nd to 3rd the car jerked then the check emissions light came on.

This happened 2 mins from my house, kept it under 2k rpm and got home fine.
The car sounds normal and drove as usual under 2k rpm.

Should I call the AA to have a look or should I take it straight to a Renault garage?

(Searched an earlier thread and it seemed the AA person couldn't do anything)

Cheers!

is it still on?

have you driven it since stopping - it may have cleared and be ok?

if under warranty its a dealer job

It's still on. I've not driven it although I went out and started it up the light is still.

Luckily the car is still under warranty.

I had this light come on today after 1-2 hours of driving through snow which had been chattering/lining the bottom of the car all day. I've recently had the down stream lambada sensor changed, am I right in thinking it could be snow to the wires etc as they are slightly exposed at each end, and first call should be to get the fault code reset? If check emissions comes back after then look further.

I took mine to Renault today and got a call back saying it needed a new Oxygen filter. Would this be covered under the warranty?

Cheers

Haha thanks. ;/ Do you know if a replacement would be covered under warranty?

should be

makers of o2 sensors usually give them a life of around 60k miles

197/200 runs two of them - upstream o2 sensor and a downstream o2 sensor - basically for making sure the first one is keeping the cat working correctly...

I had this light come on today after 1-2 hours of driving through snow which had been chattering/lining the bottom of the car all day. I've recently had the down stream lambada sensor changed, am I right in thinking it could be snow to the wires etc as they are slightly exposed at each end, and first call should be to get the fault code reset? If check emissions comes back after then look further.

Turns out, due to the mass amounts of snow/ ice on the roads on Saturday and the height of my car, the downstream lambada cable had been yanked from the socket, luckily mate at the garage has sorted it and zip-tied the cable up out of the way he also cleared the light on the dash FOC, :smile: