Children In Need Donation

Hi Guys/Gals

Posting to let you know that on the 10th June 2012 myself and some work colleagues (11 all in) will be attempting to climb Ben Nevis. All the money we can raise will be going to Children In Need.

To give you a bit of a back story, Peugeot will be sponsoring this years Children In Need. So, we have been asked as a branch if we would like to do something for charity. So after some head scratching and many cups of tea we decided to go skydiving. However, after discovering its £380 per person for a tandem jump we decided to conquer a mountain instead, not something you do every day (car salesman don't anyway) we thought why not climb the tallest one in the UK.

I've never climbed a mountain, come to think of it I've never climbed a set of stairs that exceeded six floors, so I am relishing the challenge. If any of you would like to make a small charitable donation I would be most grateful.

If anyone wants to post any advice, Id be grateful for that too.

Thanks for reading peeps.

http://www.justgiving.com/ArnoldClarkClyPeug

Hi Guys/Gals

Posting to let you know that on the 10th June 2012 myself and some work colleagues (11 all in) will be attempting to climb Ben Nevis. All the money we can raise will be going to Children In Need.

To give you a bit of a back story, Peugeot will be sponsoring this years Children In Need. So, we have been asked as a branch if we would like to do something for charity. So after some head scratching and many cups of tea we decided to go skydiving. However, after discovering its £380 per person for a tandem jump we decided to conquer a mountain instead, not something you do every day (car salesman don't anyway) we thought why not climb the tallest one in the UK.

I've never climbed a mountain, come to think of it I've never climbed a set of stairs that exceeded six floors, so I am relishing the challenge. If any of you would like to make a small charitable donation I would be most grateful.

If anyone wants to post any advice, Id be grateful for that too.

Thanks for reading peeps.

http://www.justgiving.com/ArnoldClarkClyPeug
awesome idea :thumbup1:

Good luck with it! I've done it twice now.

Advice: Walk from the visitor centre and NOT the hostel - the incline is too much from the hostel! When you reach the zig zag footpath where it's bare rock, that's when it gets tough. It is cloudy 3 days out of 4, so if you see a view from up there, make the most of it. You can drink out of the waterfalls, I always did, pure highland spring water :wink:

Zig Zag bit:

IMG_20110721_161328.jpg

IMG_20110721_132110.jpg

Three THOUSAND FEET drop:

IMG_20110721_153922.jpg

Me and my Brother from another Mother at the summit

IMG_20110721_151440.jpg

View:

IMG_20110721_160059.jpg

IMG_20110721_152552.jpg

IMG_20110721_141312.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions