choppens f1 197 being modified for track

dropped my seats off to the trimmers last week and collected them today really chuffed with the outcome heres a pic of drivers seat before and after
016_zps5151f918.jpg001_zps27636271.jpg
now I have two decent seats with no holes in them

How much did you pay for them to be refurbished. ?:smile:

How much did you pay for them to be refurbished. ?:smile:
I was lucky enough to win some seat covers off ebay for £36 as some one had had there seats retrimmed in leather so I used mine and the set I won to make one real good set trimmers charged me £100

I was lucky enough to win some seat covers off ebay for £36 as some one had had there seats retrimmed in leather so I used mine and the set I won to make one real good set trimmers charged me £100

Awh lucky for some ! All I need is one tiny bit in the bolster -.- but it's annoying me ha. Cheers anyways

my brakes come back from being refurbed today so I fitted them with some ds3000s and some goodridge braided lines and some motul 600 fluid and fitted the standard shocks and springs as im fed up of waiting for the kws to come back went to my local tyres shop today and he got me a cracking deal on some oz ultraleggeras and ns2rs for £1226 all in so I ordered them in white just got to wait for them to be delivered now hopefully get the brakes bled up properly tomorrow and start using it and get some track days in

You'll love the DS3000's, once warmed up they're great on track! Will definitely need to keep up with cleaning of the new alloys as the brake dust will bake in!!

only done 30 ish miles in it today still bedding them in but first impressions are they are amazeing can notice the difference straight away I now need to put new discs and pads on the rear as they are knackered are the ds3000s really dusty are they? probably not the brightest of ideas to order white wheels lol

only done 30 ish miles in it today still bedding them in but first impressions are they are amazeing can notice the difference straight away I now need to put new discs and pads on the rear as they are knackered are the ds3000s really dusty are they? probably not the brightest of ideas to order white wheels lol

yup they r, and they will destroy your nice new white alloys

yup they r, and they will destroy your nice new white alloys

+1 On that. I was using RC6 which is a very similar pad material. They completely destroyed my white Rotas. So much so I had to get them bead blasted and powder coated. Was very hard on the paint work too as its not just pad material that gets stuck to the side of your car is the remains of your disks.

OK for an out an out track car that you don't care what it looks like

my car is by no means mint so dust and discs down the side wont hurt it lol I do plan to have it wrapped/painted one day but that wont be untill winter I want to get some track days in already booked 19th of this month snetterton and 9th of july brands hatch!

bit of an update got the wheels fitted today with the nankangs ready for snetterton tomorrow night got the brakes bled up properly now and they are great you boys where right the wheels are filthy already and ive only done 10 miles with them on lol still waiting on kw to get the coilovers back to me as one of them needs a new piston as previous owner (member on here) or whoever took them off used mole grips of some sort to remove top mounts and have badly marked the piston resulting in the seals to get mashed up which I was not best pleased about so waiting on the new piston and seals to come from Germany still need some new rear discs and pads and haven't brought none yet as toying weather to get fernandes brakes all around but dunno weather I can justify spending aload more money on it just yet lol009_zps006bd237.jpg008_zps62d74efb.jpgthis is after 10 miles of driving look at all that dust

haven't updated this in along time and a lot has gone on since so ill try remember every thing that has happened lol
got the coilovers back and fitted them some grooved rear discs with ds2500 pads and cazan racing big discs with ferrado ds3000 pads up front and I have purchased a set of ds2500 to see what they are like ive fitted a rear ultra racing arb anti roll bar and bought the engine dynamics quick shift and what a difference it makes
I purchased a 197 off a member off here for the sparco seats and rails and trs harnesses and ive ordered a safety devices 6 point bolt in cage which should be here shortly so now it is going to be a full blown track car! ive fitted a polybushed rear dogleg gearbox mount so now it vibrates on over run and when its revved on the spot nothing to bad tho
I think that's about it just hoping to use it now this year and try and do at least 1 track day a month001_zps5bec6012.jpg
the polybushed dog leg mount
002_zps8b69c773.jpg
rear discs that needs painting
003_zpsa16114be.jpg
cazan racing discs as you can see ive got fed up of cleaning the wheels as they take forever hopefully get them done black one day lol
_129_zpsdb29975b.jpg
these are the sparco seats I got to go in when the cage is here

Last edited:
Great updates mate, I'm glad you are keeping her:smile:

How are you intending to paint your rear brakes? I'm thinking of doing the same, paint used etc? Cheers

Great updates mate, I'm glad you are keeping her:smile:

How are you intending to paint your rear brakes? I'm thinking of doing the same, paint used etc? Cheers

cheers mate
im just thinking of doing them with hammerite or some thing like that as they look rough as hell rusty lol

have done loads to this since last updated ultra racing rear anti roll bar ultra racing front strut brace the whole car has been painted door handles colour coded and door vinyl removed fitted sprint rear spoiler so the car is now mint again ive gone to ds2500 pads in the front as a set come up cheap and just done loads of track days in it been to snetterton cadwell park brands hatch and the nurburgring so far this year car has now got a misfire due to a blown inlet manifold gasket so next week im going to fix it and hopefully strip it out completely and fit my safety devices roll cage along with the sparco seats and harnesses that ive had forever lol pics to follow