Cleaning and Graffiti Wall - *lots of pics*

This looks lovely mate, did you have to remove any swirls or anything when using the auto finesse stuff? I've a black 197 and am contemplating paying a detailer a few hundred quid to do my car but feel I may be able to tart it up myself if the jobs done correctly :smile:

Hi mate, TBH I don't have many swirls in my paint at all as I've always tried to be super careful with my wash technique. Also I tend to stay on top of any swirls that do build up with my DA. There are a few RDS marks and I noticed this weekend the rear bumper has picked up some new scuffs (probably from the wife parking it in the work car park and people brushing past it) So I'll be giving it another correction on those at some point, but I've got two/three other members who want their cars doing first haha! But what you're seeing in the pics us basically just my paint, as I didn't have much time and it was just a wash, I didn't polish it or apply any wax or sealant to it. It's still got a small amount of Collinite on it from my winter prep, but if I keep the car over summer it'll be getting detailed and finished properly.

With regards to the AF stuff, the obliTARate worked really well but I only tried it on my reg plates (I'm waiting on a new spray bottle to mix it in, because the tight gits don't supply it with a spray nozzle!). My delivery of AF tough coat and super fine Clay Bar turned up this week to add to my collection so I'll be trying those this weekend. You won't get much corrections out of the AF range of products as it's not what they're designed for - TBH It's very hard to get any real correction without a machine.

If you are looking to give it a go yourself by hand, then I would recommend something like Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, it leaves a great finish on Blacks and it contains some fillers to help mask some of your swirls. It's not a permanent fix and it will need sealing with a wax or sealant, but I really rate it, in fact I still use it on mine from time to time because it looks good and smells great haha! If you're wanting to try some AF products then you could look at something like Tripple, which is an all in one product which has a fine cut to it and also contains some fillers to help with swirls and has some protection built in, it gets good reviews but I've not tried it myself.

Similar Thread Suggestions