Clio 197 / 200 Owners with Standard Seats

SnapMonkey

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
After many hours of fruitless searching on the net, I have approached a company to design and make a tailored seat cover for the standard seat (non Recaro) for the 197 / 200.

The company will make the pattern (which will then go on general sale on their website), but to do so needs an initial order of 10 to make it worth their while making the pattern. They have also assured me there will be no issue with the seat mounted airbag.

The company have told me that the first 10 will retail at £45, plus delivery to your location (a few quid), so if anyone is interested please PM me.

I don't wish to sound harsh, but please no timewasters. If i get a good response I will go ahead with the order, but they need the money up front for the first 10, and I don't want to get stuck with 8 spare covers!

Thanks, any questions or comments below please!

The company is UK based, and a very reputable supplier of quality covers.

Great idea, are they fully aware of the airbags on the standard seats? Will they be in a dark grey/black colour?

Great idea, are they fully aware of the airbags on the standard seats? Will they be in a dark grey/black colour?

The colour, although tbc, will be black I think to keep costs down. They assured me that although the covers are strong enough for everyday use, will break open upon airbag detonation. Hope this helps.

If you don´t find enough people for group buy, you can always contact me :wink:...

I deal with impossible tasks. We have developed high quality microfiber seat covers for 197 and 200 in 2009. The cover for my 197 is the first one we made and after almost 2 years it still looks and feels as good as new. And the seat now holds you much better in corners than the original seat fabric, that was also our main goal (to protect the seats and to improve traction between the seat and the driver). Covers are designed for standard 197-200 seats with airbags. The colors and trimmings can be custom.
Here are just some sample photos of the covers...

I will also publish this in For sale section soon with some more photos and detailed description if there is enough interest.

DSC06869.jpg

DSC06870.jpg

DSC06845.jpg

Stop hijacking my thread! I've had a couple of PMs now, come on people, protect those seats!

wow I like them covers, how much would they set you back?

Bet they are not cheap!

You get what you pay for. Quality was never cheap and in this case the custom covers are made of first quality durable and at the same time comfortable material which gives you excellent grip of your body at cornering. It depends if it would be a group buy or not. The price would be somewhere between €140 and €200 (£125 and £175) + postage to UK.

varlski_uk ... I just wanted to inform you about another option you have, didn´t mean no harm. Won´t happen again. Will post this elsewhere.

Last edited:
...great idea...will stop my parter from getting sun cream on the leather!! Will one seat cover fit over either passenger or driver seat? Don't want to buy two, but this would be handy for the odd occasion!!

...great idea...will stop my parter from getting sun cream on the leather!! Will one seat cover fit over either passenger or driver seat? Don't want to buy two, but this would be handy for the odd occasion!!

Yes, the covers are interchangeable between seats.

Can I put you down for one then Slime???