CLIO 197 CUP - Project TF

I need a rear beam installed before 19th September 2023. Hopefully @EthanMenace will have an idea how to do it by then!

I like your idea of a Christmas track day - sod the family and do what you want instead.
Looking at it, the beam seems like a fairly straight forward thing to do. Especially if you’re going to braided lines (think I’ve seen you mention that).

It’s a good way to do I think ahaha. I only have a tiny antisocial family anyway so I get away with it.

I've just fitted a new rear beam on my car:

Easy job, just need a second pair of hands when lifting in position. Can be pretty heavy if you mount the hubs before fitting.

Once you disconnect the brake lines (have something to push the brake pedal down, this will close the master ports and prevent loss of fluid) its just three bolts either side to drop it. Don't forget the ABS sensors too.

I've just fitted a new rear beam on my car:

Easy job, just need a second pair of hands when lifting in position. Can be pretty heavy if you mount the hubs before fitting.

Once you disconnect the brake lines (have something to push the brake pedal down, this will close the master ports and prevent loss of fluid) its just three bolts either side to drop it. Don't forget the ABS sensors too.

That's good to hear, I had no issues removing the old one so should be simple enough! I like using some dome nuts when disconnecting brake lines, IMO it's easier than finding something the right length to keep the brake pedal down.

That's good to hear, I had no issues removing the old one so should be simple enough! I like using some dome nuts when disconnecting brake lines, IMO it's easier than finding something the right length to keep the brake pedal down.

I also did the same and fitted some plugs but also used a length of wood to keep the pedal de-pressed.

Braided lines are easy enough to run too. I used P clips to secure them.

Reactions: EthanMenace

Possible silly question, but why do those nuts cost over twenty quid? :laughing:

Possible silly question, but why do those nuts cost over twenty quid? :laughing:
lol not sure, can’t remember if I paid that much when I got them!

I also did the same and fitted some plugs but also used a length of wood to keep the pedal de-pressed.

Braided lines are easy enough to run too. I used P clips to secure them.
Did you have to drill a hole for a riv nut to bolt in the P-clips? I vaguely remember seeing a hole in the beam in roughly the right position anyway?

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
lol not sure, can’t remember if I paid that much when I got them!

Did you have to drill a hole for a riv nut to bolt in the P-clips? I vaguely remember seeing a hole in the beam in roughly the right position anyway?

There is holes in the beam that can be used to go from left to right side.

There is holes for plastic clips already on the left and right side. That's where i used rivnuts.

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

What do people think for rear beam bushes.

Spherical as the beam of off the car and will get welded anyway?
Or polybush?

For reference there’s no other bushes done on the car yet. (Winter job when I have a garage)

I've just fitted up a PMS rear axle:

I personally just went for black series polybush. I can't imagine it has much of an effect in the rear end any way imo

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Think it depends how far you wanna go with the car and what it’s use will be.

All out track car, get the plates and sphericals. If you’re wanting at least a small bit of compliance on the road, get the polys.
That was my thought. What did you run on crunchy?