CLIO 197 CUP - Project TF

Whilst a spherical rear beam may be the way forward later on mine, I’ve got black bushes on the rear currently and it’s decent

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Cheers everyone.

I’m thinking polybush as I know I’ll be going for bushes on the front of the car too. And to my mind it makes sense because of balance?

Cheers everyone.

I’m thinking polybush as I know I’ll be going for bushes on the front of the car too. And to my mind it makes sense because of balance?
The way I see it the sphericals on the front will be more benificial than rear. You wont get any flex in the wishbone under braking, the rear would probably do the same but I wouldn't think to the same extent. Im no expert though.

Quick update.

Got giddy as I saw somewhere that had bushes cheap so have now ordered:
Purple powerflex bushes (love me a bargain so couldn’t resist- tight yorkshire nature out in full force)
Strengthening kit
Axel spacers

To order/ find m:
competent fabricator- Visiting one next Saturday
Braided lines

I would get Super Pro over Powerflex if you do the front arm rear bushes. You lose articulation with the Powerflex option in my opinion and it makes working on the front end a chore.

I've just fitted purple Powerflex rear beam bushes and they work great. The beam seems to be more "active" with the Powerflex bushings in and tends to ride better over bumps in the road.

That's interesting have you noticed a difference in performance? Or is it just purely ease of dealing with them when installed?

Interesting you say that re rear bushes as they are the ones that I have ordered. Look forward to seeing how the car feels with them.

Update-
Lines ordered and received (bright pink- yes I chose bright pink too :sweatsmile:. Relevant later in the post)
Fabricator found to do beam strengthening. But will need to see about getting it blasted to remove surface rust. Hopefully I can sort at work. For those T’up north. I’m planning to use Parkin Race Developments for it. Does some work with custom productions already and turns out we have quite a few mutual friends. Saw his work first hand on cages Saturday and was quite impressed.

I will also add to this post. K-Tec can take a run and jump. Ordered the PMS strengthening kit from them, as PMS showed out of stock and they claimed to to have stock….. well turns out that was a little bit of lie from them. None in stock and despite calling twice during the week (leaving adequate time in between to allow action). No update has been given. Whilst I understand that my order is not high value (£99.00 total). It’s still poor customer service. Especially when the guy I spoke to last seemed disinterested. If I don’t get any movement in the early portion of next week I will be cancelling my order I think and waiting for PMS to show stock. As it has been a week with no information at this point.

Anyway… why does it matter my rear lines are bright pink?
My mate runs a little graphics company on the side (@rj.graphics on insta if you want a nosey/ anything special doing). To cut a long story short he’s been pestering me for ages to do a livery so he’s mocked one up in pink after learning about my lines! Ahaha I don’t think I’ll go for it as I think track cars don’t need livery’s and look a bit too scene with them unless you’re racing (aware I have a few silly stickers on my car). But it does look quite clio cup which I like.

MERYART is a team name we made up as a joke whilst playing GT7 earlier in the year combing our names. (Merrick, Ryan and Tart). He’s also done one for “Tartside” developments. A name I came up with as a mick take whilst doing work on the drive as a sheff mate said “it’s like being in an episode of a Darkside video with all these Barnsley accents”.

2348D69C-ED8B-47B0-8B1F-49B1E993F7E0.jpeg7F0F0A40-E1CC-4C3C-9908-D26CAEE542F7.jpeg39A03FCF-1212-4089-BCA0-5D14175CA34C.jpeg

Yeah I can understand why. You’re not the first to have said things like that about them to me either. I don’t get how they feel they can act like it.

KTEC This year have been absolutely useless for me, you only seem to get anywhere when you post on one of the Facebook groups dragging them through the mud. I don't see a reason to ever buy from them when they're essentially a posh drop shipper with their own line of pod filters and exhausts, the service I can get from Kam racing, RPD or Engine Dynamics is usually far better.

Yeah I'm starting to realise their ineptitude at K-Tec.

Ironically my mate told me to go to KAM Racing for anything and everything aftermarket but like a wet wipe I thought he was being dramatic about K-Tec.

Have a feeling I might need to go full chav at lunch over on facebook to get their attention now.

I don't know how busy K-tec are or if understaffed etc but I too have had issues with items showing in stock on their website when they aren't, waited weeks with no updates from them and only knew I had to wait more weeks because I've emailed them, it's just poor customer service,will think twice before going back to them now.

K-Tec have given me an update regarding to parts are I should have them by Friday the 13th. Hopefully that isn't a omen!

Guy I dealt with no called Paul was extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. He's restored some faith in them for me.

I don't know how busy K-tec are or if understaffed etc but I too have had issues with items showing in stock on their website when they aren't, waited weeks with no updates from them and only knew I had to wait more weeks because I've emailed them, it's just poor customer service,will think twice before going back to them now.
I think it will be a case understaffing/ finding the right people as well.

Not everyone who goes for a job like that is going to be a petrolhead or particularly passionate about Renaults. But that is the same across the board for all part suppliers like this unless they're a one man band.

K-Tec have given me an update regarding to parts are I should have them by Friday the 13th. Hopefully that isn't a omen!

Guy I dealt with no called Paul was extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. He's restored some faith in them for me.

So this did turn out to be an omen.

Just to add to this. I have had to cancel my order with K-Tec, as they cannot guarantee a date for when they could deliver parts... despite claiming to have them in stock.

The guy on the phone has been extremely helpful and did quibble giving me a refund/ wanting to cancel.

Will order the parts from PURE when the monies land back in my account like I should have in the first place!

Lesson learned - do not order from K-Tec unless desperate.

In other news. Cages. What are peoples thoughts? If I am going for a Half cage do I off the shelf (I.E JP Cages) or get one bespoke and welded in? I would happily go custom as I can get a half cage done for the money it would cost to get a jp delivered but will need to paint it myself. I am planning to paint the interior regardless but it seems a faf.

What are peoples thoughts?

if it’s just a half you might as well get a painted JP one or similar and stick it in after you’ve painted your interior or whatever!

Going custom you’ll have to paint both ideally after cage has been fitted and if you’re going 2 colours will be a lot of faffing and masking