Clio 197 f1 or Clio 200?

Hi all,

Thinking of getting a clio 197 f1 or clio 200. It wont be used for track, just daily use really.

Is there much difference between the both?

cheers

The 200 is newer and if you go for cup spec you get firmer suspension, quicker steering rack, less weight but obviously less kit. 197 f1 has the limited edition with recaros and all the toys ( if that's what your after) 200 is quicker top end and shorter 2nd 3rd and 4th, most 197 f1s will also be due a cambelt now too. Its really down to your budget mate and ofcourse if you like the 200 nose. Ff 200 can be speced up to f1 level of kit and both 200s get the nice painted diffusers and refind engine ( 3 horse more + better mpg ) will most probably be corrected on some of these I'm sure!

the clio 200 sounds like the car for me really i think. i dont think id go for the cup version tho as the suspension maybe bit too stiff as it will be used daily and dont want it to be too uncomfortable really. i dont really mind not having recaros either.

Defo have a drive of a cup packed clio and a non cup pack clio (if you can find one!!)

My first 200 had the cup pack and was just too harsh and uncomfortable for me so got changed for a 200 without the cup pack ;/

If you buy a brand new 200 you'll lose a lot of money very quickly. If I were you, I'd try and get a used one in good condition.

These things depreciate like crazy.

One of my biggest regrets in the past year was buying a brand new car. My 1.2 11 plate 1.2 Clio lost 4k in four months. >.< I know it's a similar story with the 200's, even though they're amazing.

1/500 chance of getting that!! Plus it was actually a gift by Renault to a big enthusiast's family due to him sadly passing away so very unlikely you'll get that one.

It wasn't a gift, he still had to pay for it! Was arranged as a special tribute.