Clio 197 sport

I have been reading a few posts on here and have come across some interesting stuff.

If i go forward with the buy, i think im going to spoil her with a few nice extras (blue headlights, sides and front styling, rear limo black windows, cup spoiler, exhaust tips).

Does the 197 come with HID or do you need to upgrade for these lights?

D2s are the lights you use most often which you need the philips xenons which needs HID (more expensive), but the philips blue vision bulbs are for H7 main beam for lanes with no on-coming traffic? so how can you buy philips blue vision for the d2s??

The car will be with me for a good few years, so might aswell. Hopefully itll last that long lol.

O yeh, i was almost going to buy a blue corsa vxr! Any opinions on that??

:smile:

well the d2s is the xenon bulb, so it is already blue, you may get some 8000K xenon bulbs if you want to go further...

did you test drive the vxr? what did you think?

I drove a VXR before I bought the Clio. The cars are completely different really. The Corsa is remarkably refined tbh, its alot smoother than my cupped 200, I've not driven a non cup 200 so can't compare the two. The engine is good enough, quiet, no sense of enjoyment though. The cars pretty quick, maybe a touch slower to 80mph. Interior plastics are crappy, even compared to the Clio(!!!). Standard Recaros are nice though.

Overall, didn't feel as polished as the 200, build quality not brilliant, loads of them on the roads, and a bit more expensive to insure. For me, no contest, the 200 won.

I really liked the vxr, but price was a big put off. Also I noticed used clios were more looked after then used corsas (in general). The corsa also lacked the 'fun' factor the clio has.