Clio 200 crank shaft pulley removal with woodruff key

D11nyd

Paid Member
As above just doing my Cambelt and my crank shaft oil seal seems to be leaking
How does the pulley come off?
Mine isn’t floating as it’s got the wudruff key
Does anyone know how it comes off as it seems pretty solid

Spray penetrating oil around the interface between the crankshaft and the timing gear. Then make a tool using a flat plate with 2 holes aligned with the 2 x M4 threaded holes in the timing gear. You can lever the plate and it should allow the timing gear to come free. Alternately drill and tap a hole in the centre of the plate to insert a bolt that will push against the crankshaft whilst the 2 x M4 bolts will pull on the timing gear. There is possibly a genuine tool for this but I haven't come across it yet. Be careful with the M4 bolts as they seem a bit flimsy in this application.

Reactions: turkie172
Spray penetrating oil around the interface between the crankshaft and the timing gear. Then make a tool using a flat plate with 2 holes aligned with the 2 x M4 threaded holes in the timing gear. You can lever the plate and it should allow the timing gear to come free. Alternately drill and tap a hole in the centre of the plate to insert a bolt that will push against the crankshaft whilst the 2 x M4 bolts will pull on the timing gear. There is possibly a genuine tool for this but I haven't come across it yet. Be careful with the M4 bolts as they seem a bit flimsy in this application.
Thanks for the reply, I did wonder if there was a special tool but there’s nothing in the Renault Cambelt guide on here
I will sort something
Cheers for getting back to me

roblee8g described the tool to be honest so thanks to him I did not find it in the service manual but now with a picture of such a tool it makes more sense and thats for me what the forum is all about especially for paid members needing help.

Reactions: Sean197