Clio 200 EDC Cup Lux

Hi,

Thought I should start a thread for my 200 EDC. Previously had a 200 Silverstone edition, loved it did a few modifications. Then decided to sell it as it wasn't getting used enough to justify having it. Needed something then for my work commute, needed more than two seats so the 200 EDC was on my shopping list. Despite the unfavourable reviews, which I personally take with a pinch of salt, I had a test drive and loved it.

Got a good deal on a pre registered 64 plate at a dealer in Liverpool in March, car with the spec I wanted with 10 miles on the clock, very pleased. Long train journey up to Liverpool and a great drive back to Bristol one Saturday in early March.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438350471.791876.jpg

Carried out a few small mods quickly ......

KTec panel filter ....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438350692.612655.jpg

Stubby aerial ....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438350725.695494.jpg

And a dead pedal plate from eBay .....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438350755.226775.jpg

Cheers ...... Simon.

Last edited:
Im really warming to these. thinking about getting one.

Whats everyone's thoughts on these now that you've had them for a while?

Kev I'm very happy with the springs. Ride quality is still very good, a little stiffer but not that harsh. Corners better, less body roll. I think they improve the look so much too, especially at the front.

You can hear a bit more induction noise with the filter, and you can hear the turbo a bit on boost. I love the noise the standard exhaust makes, lots of pops and bangs when it's hot. If you're going between 30-40 ish in 5 or 6th gear and floor it there is a deep rumble that is addictive. May consider a centre box chop.

I absolutely love it, had a good weekend away to Poole, lovely roads to enjoy the car. Got a few waves from a couple of 182's. The duel clutch and gearbox really make the car that extra bit special.

Simon.

Looking great! Looks better lowered, shall be fitting bilstein b14s to mine soon.

@zRuSSeLL I love mine, only one person I know of who has had one and not liked it.. Everyone else seems to be smitten with them!

Definitely get a centre box chop.

Every aftermarket exhaust I've heard is stupidly loud. I got the centre box removed and its perfect. Not much louder than oem but a lot more popping and banging

Yes I don't want it too loud. My old 200 had a cat back KTR Pro system and it was quite loud. Does the centre chop make it louder at cruising motorway speeds? More pops and bangs would be nice.

Lol Kev, were you bouncing too?! It is that bit stiffer but not too bouncy, but you do have to try and avoid potholes.

Stopped off at KTec a few weeks ago and picked up some Heko wind deflectors on offer, look great. Will get some pictures. Have ordered some proper Renaultsport mats on the way too.

Know what my next purchase is guna be! I was worried they might look a bit crap on a 5 door but they look great

Chris, I wasn't sure what the rears would look like, but they blend in well. The dark colour goes well with the black window surrounds. I didn't bother using the clips as they are a nice tight fit. Good price on offer at KTec.