Clio 200 Insurance, Cheaper than a 197?

I’ve just put a quote through with bell for a Clio 200 and its miles cheaper to insure than a 197, about £400 cheaper than a R27 and £300 less than a standard 197..

Is the 200 a lower insurance group?

Anybody else found the 200 less than a 197 to insure?

Shame I don’t like the 200 that much, because it seem to be the best option atm :worried:

Its all to do with the way the insurance is worked out mate, when I got the 197 the insurance was much lower than a 182 because nobody owned them yet so not many had been crashed and cost of repairs was unknown. Also safety improvements to the cars count as well as how many have been stolen hence why it always pays to buy a newer car as the insurance premiums initially are alot lower.

My insurance has gone up £200 from last year and I havent had an accident and got another years no claims, its because more people are crashing them and the parts are expensive from dealers.

my insurance has gone down over the last few years. it is slightly annoying that its cheaper for us to insure the R27 than it is the 182 lol

and £400 cheaper, what was it to start with?

my insurance has gone down over the last few years. it is slightly annoying that its cheaper for us to insure the R27 than it is the 182 lol

and £400 cheaper, what was it to start with?

I'm finding it hard to get insurance at 19 for the 197 so I'm going to pay about £2600 for a R27 with 2years ncb & 1000 voluntary excess.. It goes to £1600 at 21.. The things you'll do for the car u love :tongueout:

£1600 at 21? When i was 21 i only paid 1k for my 182, and it was cheaper wen i swapped for my r27. Wen i was 22 i paid 660! Fvck knows what it will be now im 24, im hoping cheaper!