Clio 200 Oversteer (vid clip)

Excellent, using just lift off or assisting with the handbrake?

Not heard of that track before. I'm hoping to do Mas du Clos and Charade very soon.

Usually lift off is enough, sometimes a dab with the left foot to get the front hooked up and unsettle the rear.

No handbrake in those vids though - just don't need to in those conditions :smile:

Anneau is about 30 mins from the Swiss border in Alsace.

Whereabouts is Mas du Clos?

Both Mas du Clos & Charade are near Clermont Ferrand, central France. The later known as the Nurburgring of France, 5 miles of mountainside lunacy.

yeah indeed - wouldn't recommend that kind of behaviour on the road :smile:

Good to know how to deal with it if you do overstep it though...

You've got the rear well out on the first vid haven't you!

I really need to get to a track day at some point, looks like so much fun

You keep that well mate, I'm impressed! Had the arse end out on my fwd van a few times, once was on an island. It was right by a fuel station and I think someone must have spilt some fuel. Was fun but my arse was twitching like a rabbits nose! Lol! So was the guy next to by the looks! Lol!

I haven't got the guts to do it in the Clio like you though!

I find the 200 much easier to control in a slide than my old Trophy - that thing used to hop about at the limit, where the 200 just slides smoothly and predictably. The fast and feelsome steering makes it very easy to apply and wind off the opposite lock and the fast throttle response means you can easily dial in a bit of power to pull you out of it if it goes too far.

From videos I'd say the 197 is much the same as the 200 in this respect, as you would expect.

If there's one area the RenaultSports distance themselves from all other hatches, it's in their natural out of the box ability on the track.

Great cars :smile: