clio 200 prices?

so how much do you guys think clio 200 prices could fall? (not the new one) do you think they will stay the same for a while due to people wanting a non turbo one or carry on slowly depreciating. im not sure myself, thinking about maybe getting a 200 next year but not sure id be able to get the spec i want for £8k.

edit: sorry if this has been done before

Its a Clio so prices will always fall, unfortunately the car we all love is nothing that special and when you factor in the running costs it doesn't look good..

I don't think the new 200t will cause a massive drop in the price of the 200. They are two very different cars aimed at different buyers. Yes the 200 will continue to depreciate but then 99.9% of cars do this as well. If you looking at car prices I'd suggest that in a years time the 2010 cars will be worth what the 2009 ones are now.

You can get a very highly speced 2010 200 for 9k already so you shouldn't struggle this time next year.

Tbh I don't really see the running cost over a 'normal' car?

Insurance is cheap, 12K oil services (not 3 or 5K Evo sort of servicing) Tyres range from very cheap to expensive, there is a choice of discs/pads and general parts are cheap.

Tbh I don't really see the running cost over a 'normal' car?

I have to agree. My mum has a 1.2 Corsa and I recon that the only things that costs significantly more are road tax (about £100 more) and insurance (I pay £110 more for my 200 than my mum for her Corsa, and even then I'm only paying £310 a year) . Even fuel economy is only about 6mpg different if you drive the Clio responsibly. Though they do have the reputation of being expensive to run.

Last edited:
Yup, tax and that's it. My average mpg on my commute to work is always 36Mpg +

Seriously how are people getting these fuel figures :/ most Iv seen was 30mpg and that was the trip to the ring. My normal is 22/24mpg

I live in the countryside and do about 95% of my driving on fast moving rural roads. Rarely drive in traffic either. This helps me.