clio 220

TBH, Auto Express usually get most of the details right, but they tend to exaggerate the truth a little. So they will call something like a Clio GT, 'The Next Clio V6 but with a more eco friendly engine'! Or something along those lines! Ha ha! Lets face it, something more impressive will sell better. I haven't actually read the article yet either!

well it looks great to say the least. Its got the front like a megane 250 trophy which i like. Its just another reminder on a article they posted ages ok with the bhp set at 220 rather than over 200

this is the old article
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/235560/stunning_new_clio_revealed.html

they call it the new Clio Williams and will have a 2.0 n/a engine but also have heard the new clio will have a 1.6turbo due to CO2 laws which is why the type R has been axed from honda

think will have to wait for details from RUK

I think it looks pants - I wil NEVER own one if it looks like that , no matter how much power it has :worried:

I read some of the article the other day and have to agree that if the new RS looks like that I think I'll give it a miss too! Lol! I actually thought the 208 GTi on the same page looked much better! Never thought I'd say that about a 20* Peugeot! Lol!

That yellow picture is just a photoshop, Twingo RS wheels, Meg 250 front and rear, and a Toyota Yaris body shape (look at it on google images and see hot the contours of the side screens is very close). Hope it doesn't look like that.

Clio 220 and Pug 208GTi

Just some news Ive come across.....

car_photo_388924_25.jpg

T’S the pocket rocket prize fight of the decade! Auto Express has brought together Peugeot’s all-new 208 GTi and the new Renaultsport Clio 220 in an exclusive head-to-head.

Evoking memories of the original 205 GTi and Clio Williams, these two rapid French machines will inject fresh life into the market when they arrive in 2011. But as well as being more powerful than their predecessors, they promise to be greener, too.

Peugeot’s GTi badge will be making a comeback after being axed in 2009, and the firm will be hoping that the first car to wear the revived tag will be just as revolutionary as the 205 GTi which started it all back in 1987.

Under the bonnet, the 208 GTi will be the most technically advanced hot hatch yet, thanks to a much anticipated petrol electric hybrid powertrain.

Borrowing lessons learned from the company’s HYbrid4 system, a 197bhp 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engine will be mated to a 36bhp electric motor, which will drive the front and rear wheels respectively. With this four-wheel-drive set-up, both traction off the line and stability in corners will be improved.

Performance and economy should both be impressive, with 0-62mph taking around 6.9 seconds, a top speed of 145mph and a combined consumption figure close to 50mpg. The car is set to be a real head-turner, too, with a look inspired by the gorgeous SR1 concept. Up front, there’s a distinctive new chrome-edged grille and large headlights, while wide wheelarches, 18-inch alloys, an aggressive roof spoiler and a central rear exhaust pipe add even more visual appeal.

Engineers will work hard to ensure the kerbweight is reduced from the 207 it’s due to replace, and the 4WD set-up should ensure the 208 GTi has razor-sharp, stable handling.

Going head-to-head with the Peugeot will be the Renaultsport Clio 220. The fourth-generation model will sit on a new lightweight platform that is set to be even stronger and more capable than the current car’s.

Power will come from a new 220bhp version of Renault’s 2.0-litre naturally aspirated engine. As well as being the hottest front-wheel-drive Clio ever, it’s also aiming to bethe most efficient, thanks to lightweight construction, an aerodynamic shape and stop/start. Combined economy is likely to stand at around 40mpg.

Backing up the performance will be a muscular shape with swept-back headlights and larger air intakes. Unique Renaultsport alloy wheels and a bodykit with deep front and side air intakes will complete the racy styling. Both models will debut next year, alongside regular versionsof the 208 and Clio. Prices should start at around £17,000.

What a load of imaginary rubbish, completely photochopped and made up.

I agree - I seem to remember another Photoshop jobbie that they called an exclusive of what the next gen RS Clio was going to look like - all they did was nick bits off the RS Megane and Twingo.

That was over a year ago and doesn't bear much resemblance to this one.

They print more rubbish than the Sunday Sport! :thumb1:

IF that is the future of hot hatch cars then i think ill be keeping the 200 forever. Who cares about fuel consumption? Cheap road tax? Hippy Hybrid wind powered tosh!

If i wanted 40mpg I'd buy a diesel. Gimme 200mpg and it could get interesting.

Tosh!
That photoshop makes the clio look like some numpty has put one of those jap-style front bumpers. Looks too small to be a Clio as well. Always interested in new models and what is fresh, but dont have time for the hearsay and speculation Auto Express seem to love.

That looks ugly as funch and auto express are full of steaming poo. It looks like a characature car.

Well I know there is a Clio gt coming out, I was one of 7 of us that went and saw it, and put our options across about it

Well I know there is a Clio gt coming out, I was one of 7 of us that went and saw it, and put our options across about it