Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Decided to bit the bullet and buy a 250 cup engine and LSD gearbox. Here's a pic of the engine collected today. Gonna take my time so won't be in anytime soon. Still some parts to find and some custom stuff but hopefully will be stage 2 so around 325bhp and around 400lbft of torque. Hope for it to be done for around Easter 2013.

IMG_0437.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you mate but that engine is a 105bhp 1.4... :rofl:

Lol...thanks for your encouragement.....theres some really trick stuff out there so best start saving
TUBULAR EXHAUST MANIFOLD designed for external wastegate
Garrett GT ball bearing turbocharger
Forge intercooler
FORGE BLOW OFF VALVE and blanking plate
3" DECAT PIPE...and much much more.....

No worries mate, I can see this engine slowly growing in spec before its even put in, to be fair that's, the best way of doing it.

You'll have that 1.4 pushing 180 BHP in no time.

I may know of somebody FUELISH selling a very nice Garrett GT3540R in the next few months...

Currently pumping enough through an Audi to make ~435BHP. :wink:

The Clio is overbraked to begin with. Just pack a parachute incase of severe fade. :smile:

The Clio is overbraked to begin with. Just pack a parachute incase of severe fade. :smile:

LOL...Like you said, no need to uprate brakes or suspension, Modded Megs seem to cope on pretty much standard set-up...I'll change the pads, which I plan to do anyway.
Other challenges ahead namely around ecu and VVT-225's don't have VVT. Going to follow the spanish car and keep 225 ecu and wire the senor and VVT actuator in (or at least Steve will) lol