Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

good news! project came around a lot quicker than expected!

Car is going to be crazy quick once remapped!

Did you manage to get a R26 box? or just a 225? Just wondering about if you have a diff? As mine is a pain in the backside without one! (tho its waiting to be fitted)

Arrive in the uk tonight and collect car tmw. Steves continuing testing the car today. Thanks for all your positive comments. Can't take any of the credit and if your thinking of doing the conversion, Steve definitely your man!!!! However he did say its much more involved than the 225 conversion he's done previously.

good news! project came around a lot quicker than expected!

Car is going to be crazy quick once remapped!

Did you manage to get a R26 box? or just a 225? Just wondering about if you have a diff? As mine is a pain in the backside without one! (tho its waiting to be fitted)

Used a r26 box mate

Update.
Steve says "it's f***ing fast" which is a compliment coming from someone who has driven many a fast car. No dash lights and temp is good. Fingers crossed but everything seems really positive. The guys a genius. Look forward to test driving it on Monday. Says there's a few small things to iron out and let's run it for a couple of weeks before stage 2 remap.

:jump1::jump1::jump1:

Back in uk. Driven the car yesterday and boy does it take some getting use to. Its like from the outside, its mine but driving it is, its someone elses. My cars turned into 'the Bionic Woman' (for those old enough to remember her). Although, poor thing doesn't quite understand whats happened to her. Its a hybrid of parts and technology that still needs some techy stuff to do to bring it all together (its in essence now a clio197, 225 and 250) and obviously still needs remapping....but I'm driving it daily to ensure these things can be ironed out.

Last edited:
Back in uk. Driven the car yesterday and boy does it take some getting use to. Its like from the outside, its mine but driving it is, its someone elses. My cars turned into 'the Bionic Woman' (for those old enough to remember her). Although, poor thing doesn't quite understand whats happened to her. Its a hybrid of parts and technology that still needs some techy stuff to do to bring it all together (its in essence now a clio197, 225 and 250) and obviously still needs remapping....but I'm driving it daily to ensure these things can be ironed out.

does she fancy a couple of laps of oulton on the 2nd nov? :tongue_smilie:

Another evening of testing and another issue resolved. Well done Steve. Waiting on a couple of parts then we are closer to mapping. If this is what in essence 240 bhp feels like in a Clio then its quite scary what 320 will feel like....

Last edited:
The biggest change is the torque. When its finished (hopefully), it will have double the torque (360 lbft) of my 'cammed' Clio.....

Hahaha superb!!! Glad it's well on the way to being finished mate, been a big effort this one.