Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

I don't think when these are megged they loads faster they do feel loads faster than they are, when I was at snetterton Monday there was a standard 197 there don't get me wrong he didn't overtake me until I let him overtake just before the bend before the start finish line to compare the speeds I overtook him on the straight but I didn't go flying past him, if I was to have the choice again id still meg it but id of 250d it instead of 225 it as 280bhp obviously aint quick enough to leave standard engine ones lol

I don't think when these are megged they loads faster they do feel loads faster than they are, when I was at snetterton Monday there was a standard 197 there don't get me wrong he didn't overtake me until I let him overtake just before the bend before the start finish line to compare the speeds I overtook him on the straight but I didn't go flying past him, if I was to have the choice again id still meg it but id of 250d it instead of 225 it as 280bhp obviously aint quick enough to leave standard engine ones lol

Track is always different! Exit speed makes a big difference, lots of variables. Including your driving :wink:

Hahaha!! Yep!

BUT wilson has had his the longest, got to be over 3 years now and he's more than enjoyed it. What is stupid is selling months after you've just had it done like some have done? Might as well burn your money! OR buy something quick in the 1st place.

Yes but iirc Wilson wanted to sell just a couple of months after he did it...

The only reason I can think of, is that people - naturally - are getting bored of the Clio and instead of selling and moving on they try to make it something that it's not. Then they realise it, cut their losses and...sell. This doesn't so much apply for Wilson here because he's mentioned in the past that he got this CatC car as a project car and I'm sure he didn't pay full dollar for the parts and conversion either:wink:

But generally speaking I believe that's the case because I really can't see anyone who is getting smiles and thrills out of an NA Clio to sell right after his loving car has been converted into a beast and show some more expensive metal how's done...(apologies for spamming this progress thread btw).

I wouldn't class it as 'spam', it's nice to see members having a long discussing on something :smile:

i agree though, I don't think most are satisfied once it's done...

Although, I'm waiting for Tim [MENTION=3600]colt3003[/MENTION] to unleash his after the build is complete and see how he finds his.

I was more than satisfied with performance of the car once it was finished, in fact with all the other mods it was an epic motor that was far from boring. I just lost the love for the car because it was a nightmare of a build and it takes its toll sometimes.

That's the nature of the modding beast and I think quite a few people who have sold theirs probably felt the same.

I wouldn't class it as 'spam', it's nice to see members having a long discussing on something :smile:

i agree though, I don't think most are satisfied once it's done...

Although, I'm waiting for Tim [MENTION=3600]colt3003[/MENTION] to unleash his after the build is complete and see how he finds his.

Last I heard he wasn't having it done.

Great discussion but couple of things. This conversion is new when you even compare it to the 172/182 stuff not to mention other stuff in the VAG scene. I've said it before people have made out that these conversions are simple but like any conversion, the success of the conversion is based on the quality of the car in the first place. the conversion doesn't take a bad car and turn it into a good one. Also I had loads of niggles with my conversion but the massive differences was I lived 10 minutes away from the garage. The other issue is I did my homework. Remember 3 years ago people said the engine won't fit. When asked, I told people do it incrementally as adding more bits for more power only creates more problems. People also forget especially the 225 conversions....do people really think those secondhand engines have had an easy life? Also, if you bought the most latest 225, it would still be 7 years old now.

I think people have been completely unrealistic about how fast these things were gonna be too. They need to remember it's not like the clio is that much lighter than the megane. But anyone who thinks they are not much difference, there's something wrong with their conversion, cause it's night and day. Track like Mike says is different, and that's why the NA clio can give many cars a noise bleed on it. Mine is uber fast and trust me, I'll keep up with anything once there's traction but mines making 350 torques which took me a while to get there.

The problem is people sometimes jump onto stuff cause other people have only to be disappointed when it's not what they thought it was gonna be. Also like someone said I like, projects for me are all about the journey not the end.

Also people use cars they still owe money for as project cars, so your paying for the car plus paying for the conversion. I don't understand why people would plough 6-8 grand into a car that's value is less than the conversion? I think I'd be disappointed if the car stood me at 14k after the conversion. I'd have sooner bought a 250 meg or bought one damaged that cost me 5 grand to put on the road nearly 6 years ago when they were worth around 11k. Hindsight is an exact science though.

If if I had my time again....I'd probably have done it again cause as much as I've moaned and threatened to sell it, it's still here. I'm 48 and had my fair share of nice cars but I can categorically say, this has been my fav full stop. Those who have sold theirs or thinking of selling, be careful what you wish for, cause I've never owned a car for so little money that I've have so much pleasure driving. For me to replace it with something that does the same, I'd have to spend at least x3 the money and that's the reason it's still here.

NA for me is little a previous girlfriend where I remember the great sex but equally forget the other **** I had to put up with to get it....

Last edited:
Can you write those problems that you had or that ppl usually have because I think it's just a matter of time I go for the Megging the Clio. :wink:

I'm trying to get another 10-20bhp and it's a pain in the arse now...1bhp=100€.

Can you write those problems that you had or that ppl usually have because I think it's just a matter of time I go for the Megging the Clio. :wink:

I'm trying to get another 10-20bhp and it's a pain in the arse now...1bhp=100€.

Will do a 'do and Don'ts' if you like. I cammed mine, what a waste of money. Sounded awesome idling but just pushed the power further up the Rev range where you need it least on the Clio. If mine was NA, I'd have an exhaust and ktec filter for the sound, and a sprint booster for the lazy throttle, map and that's it.

Anyone think these conversions aren't quick.....ask the new Cayman driver last night. The look on his face was priceless sat with his girlfriend. He's was a proper idiot up my arse, like I was holding him up. Thought he could overtake me, and ended up with egg on his face when he ran out of road with me in front of me. I think it's a bit idiotic racing on the road but this guy was a prize prick.

Imagine how the 2009 carrera s driver must have felt when he was going head-to-head with a Renault 9 :smiley:

priceless expression!

Hopefully the most of the bad winter behind us, time to think what next for the cat c turd. I need to remap it again but I'm holding off cause want to try see if we can get the VVT in operation. Also want to stick an oil cooler on it, refurb the calipers and want a boost controller. Also want to see if Ste can see how we can sharpen up the throttle.

Last edited:
Have you got a swirl pot setup on yours? Wondering how it'll cope on track under hard conditions.

Have you got a swirl pot setup on yours? Wondering how it'll cope on track under hard conditions.

No swirl pot, just regular modified pump. The issue is the same with all the FI Clio's which will be what happens with all extra heat generated by the turbo.

Last edited:
put mine on rollers Thursday and iat was far to hot and shutting boost off is this something you have got? im thinking of located the filter in a different place and moveing battery