compression test figures

So I've had my Clio 200 less than a year, and its never sounded overly smooth. Had this invedtisgted last week for a service and Mick at diamond motors put it down to a fault pressure control valve. That's been replaced but there is still a loud blowing from the oil filler when engine is running, while this cap is off, the engine revs pick up and sounds a lot smoother on running. Mick from diamond suspects it could be compression ring damage.

So, the cylinders have been tested for compression with the following results, but the question I have is what are the figures from Renault, and has any one had similar issues and got it resolved?

Dry compression: cylinder 1: 150psi 2:140 3:160 4:160
Wet compression cylinder 1: 165psi 2:155 3:160 4:160

Dang anyone clear up wthat this means in simple terms as I'll be speaking to available car (where I brought the car from) and want to have a better understanding of the issue at hand.

Thanks,
Adrian

ive just had my engine replaced and i have 170-175 in each and was told the best they really see is 180. so that does seem low to me although im not an expert

Yeh, i thought it was a bit low, but especially in cylinder 2, trouble is now is trying to get rid of the car and get the finance written off, or get avaiable car to repair it. trouble is they aren't being helpful at all because its out of bloody warranty since April. all this because i asked one question during a belt change!

if the pressures come up when done "wet" this points to piston ring sealing/wear....