Connects2 for Clio197

Hi all,
I have just bought an aftermarket headunit for our 2008 Clio 197,JVC R series also purchased a Connects2 CTSRN005 steering control interface,JVC2Patch lead for 2011 JVC units.All is wired up correctly but the steering controls dont work Arggh.

Any help would be appreciated as to what might be wrong.

Got same steering wheel interface as you, but with alpine head unit connector, If you've got that Cabasse 6 disc unit with main stereo under driver seat, the ISO connectors have been modified if you check the yellow it's missing some wires as when I plugged into that it didn't work.

What I did was at the back and to the top of where head unit goes into dash, you'll find all 3 ISO's with the cabasse extensions plugged in, if you look in you'll see the yellow plug (vertical) to the right the white (horizontal) and just above is the black, I managed to get my hand in and disconnect, but it is a lot easier if you remove the glove box as then you can go in from the side, and all that was then left was for me to get aerial extension which i run from under seat and through centre console(handbrake, gearshift) then up into the dash centre console.

After plugging straight into them the steering controls work with all functions.

ok, well you can tell if the connects2 is powering up by the way the centre display will change to displaying 'Renault' if not then could be a faulty module or wrong HU lead

ok, well you can tell if the connects2 is powering up by the way the centre display will change to displaying 'Renault' if not then could be a faulty module or wrong HU lead

Thanks for the reply,yes it does say RENAULT in the dash display,As for a wrong HU lead,everything else works fine??????

so some of the steering controls work? Also maybe worth looking in HU setup whether it has any settings, as my Alpine when you activate steering control you get sub menu so you can fine tune the control signal and what it does

so some of the steering controls work? Also maybe worth looking in HU setup whether it has any settings, as my Alpine when you activate steering control you get sub menu so you can fine tune the control signal and what it does

No,none of the steering controls work,as for the headunit and activating steering controls I'll have to look in the manaul as I havn't seen anything about that.

It turns out that the latest R series JVC units are NOT supported by Connects2.Arrrggg
This is from an Email from connects2.

I will get a Kenwood unit instead as people on here have the steering controls working with those headunits.

Got same steering wheel interface as you, but with alpine head unit connector, If you've got that Cabasse 6 disc unit with main stereo under driver seat, the ISO connectors have been modified if you check the yellow it's missing some wires as when I plugged into that it didn't work.

What I did was at the back and to the top of where head unit goes into dash, you'll find all 3 ISO's with the cabasse extensions plugged in, if you look in you'll see the yellow plug (vertical) to the right the white (horizontal) and just above is the black, I managed to get my hand in and disconnect, but it is a lot easier if you remove the glove box as then you can go in from the side, and all that was then left was for me to get aerial extension which i run from under seat and through centre console(handbrake, gearshift) then up into the dash centre console.

After plugging straight into them the steering controls work with all functions.

Does that mean if you have the cabbasse set up changing the hu will mean the chunk of plastiic and cable under the drivers seat has to remain were itis??

Does that mean if you have the cabbasse set up changing the hu will mean the chunk of plastiic and cable under the drivers seat has to remain were itis??

Only the cables (but they can be hidden under the seat / carpet, the stereo/amp unit is removable and the plastic box can be removed, but you will need to remove the seat bolts as the plastic box is riveted to the mounts and mounts appear to be secured by seat bolt's.

The plastic casing I left in place as it's a handy storage box + when the time comes to sell the 197 I can put the cabasse back in.

It turns out that the latest R series JVC units are NOT supported by Connects2.Arrrggg
This is from an Email from connects2.

I will get a Kenwood unit instead as people on here have the steering controls working with those headunits.

That's typical as I also spoke with them about display kits and they then said only sony units and pressing them further on models they said only the base models without USB/Bluetooth which for me is then useless.

I have now purchased a Kenwood KDC-8016BT same as BT61 in the UK I think,anyway the CTSRN005 still does not work.Kenwood Patch lead(Yellow/Blue wire no 3.5mm jack)
I think that it must be that the stalk controller is faulty as I've connected and disconnected it about twenty times with no success as per the installation instructions,unless I'm missing something obvious.Radio works all good just the stalk controls.

I have now purchased a Kenwood KDC-8016BT same as BT61 in the UK I think,anyway the CTSRN005 still does not work.Kenwood Patch lead(Yellow/Blue wire no 3.5mm jack)
I think that it must be that the stalk controller is faulty as I've connected and disconnected it about twenty times with no success as per the installation instructions,unless I'm missing something obvious.Radio works all good just the stalk controls.

Don'y know your model, but have you checked the radio's menu? As with my Alpine I had to enable stalk control as default it is off

or take Kenwood back and get alpine as they seem to work fine with the connects2

to get mine going just bought the following
1 x CON-CTSRN005 - CTSRN005 CAN-Bus steering control adaptor
1 x CON-CTALPINELEAD - Connects2 Alpine Stalk Adaptor
And that had everything I needed from connecting up the ISO connectors to the 3.5mm jack plug going into back of head unit

the 005 said it worked with the VDO OEM head unit, 006 is not listed on connects2 own website for clio
http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.aspx?catID=24&manID=225&modID=510
if you look at the 005, that is exact match for mine but the plugs on that 006 are def. different, just found it and it says 2008>megan & 2010>wind

Last edited:
Hi,
I have an Alpine HU, I have bought the 2 wires, connected them and nothing happens. I mean no controls, not even Renault on the display. Do I have to do some settings in the HU? I have also read that I have to disconnect the batery and the reconect?
Please help.
Best regards,
Georgian

Hi,
I have an Alpine HU, I have bought the 2 wires, connected them and nothing happens. I mean no controls, not even Renault on the display. Do I have to do some settings in the HU? I have also read that I have to disconnect the batery and the reconect?
Please help.
Best regards,
Georgian

There is a setting in the setup on my HU (IDA-X305) enable/disable type thing. Had to enable that, but I thought even before I'd enabled that the display changed after it was wired up.

In fact mine always show's renault & small clock/temp even if HU is off, only way of getting large clock/temp is if radio is off & faceplate removed and I turn the head lights on manually it goes large, funny behaviour that.

I have a CDE 114 bti and I can not find nothing about that in the manual or in the menu. I will look again tomorrow. If I can not find nothing, what else can be the problem?

If no mention in manual, perhaps it doesn't support stalk control

Update - Just looked up manual and at end is connections no.20 is stalk control, but as you said no mention in setup so 1 possibility is Alpine have made this only compatible with their unit so it auto detects when plugged in.

Last edited: