Coolant level

Last few times I've started the car I've heard water circulating around the engine. I kept an eye on the temp nothing different checked the coolant last night and nothing at all in top tank. Got some coolant and filled up to max level drove home (6 miles) and left on drive no leaks but no coolant in top tank again. Is this normal it's only done 500 miles since mid May when it was serviced and done 6000 since new (2 years 2 months old)

Last edited:
Assuming your head gasket hasn't gone it has to be leaking. Have you taken apart the thermostat housing to see if there's coolant in it? Mine leaked from there slowly until I sealed it up

will be a big leak or something serious using 2 header tanks of coolant if no external loss could be "internal" ie head gasket but if its that it should be showing up either running rough or pushing water out

Don't know anything about engines really, as said put something under car no liquid on that, starts as normal apart from the circulating water sound a couple of times and temp gauge is as normal. Is this an under warranty thing if not ill take it to ktec as I don't trust the dealer as I've had to many problems with them

I take it the fluid is supposed to stay in top tank as there is fluid in the lower one. Sorry limited knowledge just assumed it would stay in top tank as well?

I take it the fluid is supposed to stay in top tank as there is fluid in the lower one. Sorry limited knowledge just assumed it would stay in top tank as well?

if you top up to maximum mark it should stay at that level

best bet would be to get the cooling system pressure tested along with the tank cap as that could be at fault

No nothing at all wrong inside or out no leaks anywhere, as I said the only difference was I heard the water circulating when I started a few times so started to investigate. Does anyone know if I could get this sorted under warranty?

No nothing at all wrong inside or out no leaks anywhere, as I said the only difference was I heard the water circulating when I started a few times so started to investigate. Does anyone know if I could get this sorted under warranty?

How old is the car ? What mileage has it done ?