Cro's r27 f1- build video inside

Was due for final mapping today but temperature was too hot tbf. It'll have to be an early morning or evening session.but I'll be picking it up this week. Good things come to those that wait.

What IC you gone for?

Ste's one

if thats all and u have then on order then stop being silly lol

Lol I know im just being a big girls blouse having a southern comfort instead of using the night off to get the car finished. Could be doing both though :smile:

Yep powdercoated black :smile:

Very nice, I had the option but decided the freshly finished prototype looked good in my engine bay... The black will look great with your red rocker...

And you're gonna love the noise the car makes with those pipes, so much louder than anything else :smile:

How's the work going mate, the ecu ready yet? Will have to get a run in it with you when it is on the road!

I was thinking the same mate was expecting it to be up and running. Cant be far away now. Youl not be bored when its finished.... Well for a few weeks anyway

Sorry lads Angel just reminded me I was being lazy and should have updated it,

After starting to throw the head up things started to arrive for me first up was the boost pipe and the all important ecu

869E2CFD-C671-4F0D-A46A-B737915BE4DC-21690-00000BBDEDF7BB31_zps2f92e3ed.jpg

While I was waiting for the ecu I was on the hunt for leather and alcantra so that I could retrim the recaros, edge automotive would have been a great option but they dont post and its quite the trek from over here. Out of the blue a set from capital seating came up really cheaply so snapped those up quickly. Needs a little manoeuvring to just be 100% perfect but billy bargain of the century

61B9B0F7-1C47-43FD-B3D7-E7DAA7D9BE11-27155-00000EF1BFA29986_zps907341d5.jpg

Once the intercooler stuff arrived I got stuck in to geting it all fitted, only have blue silicone bends at the moment but i'll change those for red or black at some stage, I just wanted it fitted

C5A4226E-E3FF-489F-B58B-E4C9BBD48AD9-27155-00000EFAE9D00E27_zps631c4cd7.jpg

After a hunt for a few sensors, one way valves and pipes from renault I got everything crammed back in to the engine bay. Relocated a scenic coolant tank and the odyssey battery went into the glove box. Just needs a little bit more tidying up of the wiring and that but it works anyway

FD953D4A-CA62-49EF-BF1F-A83DA9498B5D-11639-000005D847C3A735_zps224dcf0f.jpg

Started up first time which was such a relief lol and now its just being run in for a few hundred miles before I map it just to make sure all is good. Have speedlines to go on at some stage and just need to decide on a colour for them. This is how it sits currently and the turbo chatter which is getting really addictive. The proper time lapse video can be started on now so that will come soon

B89F549C-20D6-432B-B5F7-BF0154720F12-2892-000001356C50EE77_zpsb174cd26.jpg

All in all chuffed it started first time, big thanks to Ste for the work on the ecu and helping me out of a couple of tight spots, proper gentleman.

Far from finished but a nice big chunk out of it so far. It is properly quick even before being mapped, it's stage 2 ready just needs mapped for it.

And the way it worked out it hasn't cost me a penny for the build bar the copious amounts of gloves and plaster I went through which is always a plus :smile:

Nice update and awesome retrim...

The Meg power is definitely how it should be :wink: and so worth the wait that these builds take.

Good Job Steven. Will have to take me out for a run when its mapped!

Nice number plate now too - what happened to the old RS no plate? :tongueout:

I wish I had the capabilities to do this myself, can't wait to see the figure you get after mapping. Looks very tidy mate.

Similar Thread Suggestions