cruise control+speed limiter problem

Hi there,
I have a 2010 renault clio which has cruise control and speed limiter. it used to work when i bought the car but no longer does
when i flip the switch down by the handbrake it pops up on the dashboard but when i go to set it on the steering wheel nothing happens. does anyone know why? and what i can do to fix this problem.
thanks a lot :smile:

It is possible that your pedal lowered somewhat over time. Then the switch is not activated preventing using cruise control (same as pressing the clutch pedal to switch off cruise control). You can check whether this is the case by lifting up the pedal with your foot while driving and see if you can activate cruise control.

If the cruise control works this way, then you can re adjust the switch and/or bleed the clutch system as air can drop your pedal slightly.

Otherwise, it is probably a failed clutch pedal switch.

Reactions: Foxspeed
It is possible that your pedal lowered somewhat over time. Then the switch is not activated preventing using cruise control (same as pressing the clutch pedal to switch off cruise control). You can check whether this is the case by lifting up the pedal with your foot while driving and see if you can activate cruise control.

If the cruise control works this way, then you can re adjust the switch and/or bleed the clutch system as air can drop your pedal slightly.

Otherwise, it is probably a failed clutch pedal switch.
i have just tried both switches under clutch and break, both were still attached and seems to be fine, but still not working.

With the clutch pedal in highest position, is the pedal pushing the pin of the switch in a little? Cruise control only works when the switch is activated. You might also put some tape around the part of the pedal that pushes on the switch temporarily to make sure the pin of the switch is further in and the switch is active.

With the clutch pedal in highest position, is the pedal pushing the pin of the switch in a little? Cruise control only works when the switch is activated. You might also put some tape around the part of the pedal that pushes on the switch temporarily to make sure the pin of the switch is further in and the switch is active.
when the pedal is at the highest part the pin touches, when the clutch is pushed down the pin comes away. which is what should be happening right?

That should be happening. The question is: is the pin enough inside the switch when the pedal touches in its highest position? Touching might not be enough as the pin should go in a little bit to actually switch.