Cup Chassis?

Hello all.

When I bought my 197 three months ago, the dealer (not Renault Main Dealer) didn't know if it had the Cup Chassis. Is there a way of telling?

I know mine is a bit lower than standard and is extremely bumpy due to the hard suspension. It's like driving a Go-Kart!!

How can I tell for sure? I don't have the facility to put it up on ramps to check.

Thanks in advance.

all cars with cup chassis had red brembos.
yeh it was an option on the 197.
standard on R27 and cup.

all cars with cup chassis had red brembos.
yeh it was an option on the 197.
standard on R27 and cup.

O.K cheers, so if the person who ordered it brand new wanted a normal 197 but wanted the Cup Chassis option (rather than buying a 197 Cup) it would still of come with red Brembo's?

It's got the Cup Spoiler and Cup wheels, it's lower and stiffer than a normal 197 but is has AC and grey brembo's.

I guess the original owner could've had the Spoiler and wheels added later and had a 3rd party suspension kit installed?

Everything was an opption inc... Ac on the cup, spoiler, wheels.
EverY car with cup chasis came with red brembo, whether it was a cup, R27 or 197 with cup chassis as an opption.
The car probably have lowering springs fitted.
Post a side on pic and should be able to tell the make from how low it sits.

Wrench should be in the boot under the carpet thats where mine is mate! It doesn't come with a jack and Renaults reasoning is that there is no spare so there is no need lol!

jase i believe when some of the first 197 cup's came out some did have the cup suspension but with the grey calipers, so this car may have the correct suspension, maybe wurth checking with the dealer or with renault customer services.

rich

Wrench should be in the boot under the carpet thats where mine is mate! It doesn't come with a jack and Renaults reasoning is that there is no spare so there is no need lol!

Surely if you get a puncher it's best to raise the car to take the weight off for when you use that foam stuff?

Lack of jack is sign of cup pack.

Cup packed cars are 7mm lower and so renault said you couldnt use a jack as its too low...

None cup'd cars have a jack.

Lack of jack is sign of cup pack.

Cup packed cars are 7mm lower and so renault said you couldnt use a jack as its too low...

None cup'd cars have a jack.

So it maybe a Cup but with optional AC ? Are there any other ways of telling? It doesn't have headlight washers for example.

Mine has cup packs, and at the time I bought it I didn't know this meant no jack - I rang the dealer and said my jack is missing and they sent me a new one lol

What colour wheels does it have?