200: Cup front anti-roll bar (advice and opinions)

Marsch

Paid Member
I've ordered the Cup front anti-roll bar from the RS Performance shop as it was 15% off. The part that arrived is labeled 8200646060 and comes back as belonging to the Scenic II. The part number for the one for Clio should actually be 7711160155.

anti-roll_bar_full.jpg

anti-roll_bar_number.jpg

I've contacted Oreca which manages the shop for RS and they've now told me that the part must be mislabeled. They've sent me the following photo and assured me it's actually 7711166150.

Unbenannt.jpg

It's very well possible that parts are used for multiple cars as you presumably know but in this case they often retain the same part number. It could also be an old/new replacement but you'd normally find infos about it then which isn't the case here.

Does anybody has any experience with this part? Would you take it and risk using it or would you rather return it?

Quick Google search shows the scenic part is 22mm which is thicker than the 200 cup part (21mm I believe), so measuring it will tell you what you have.

Reactions: Marsch
Thanks for the input, Sean. But from what I got so far the one for the Clio should actually be 22mm and not 21 as you say. I'll search around a bit more to make sure.

Thanks for the input, Sean. But from what I got so far the one for the Clio should actually be 22mm and not 21 as you say. I'll search around a bit more to make sure.

I think the cup racer arb is 22mm, the 200 cup (road car) is 21mm, happy to be proven wrong though.

I've ordered the one for the Cup racer (7711160155) and not the standard one for the road car. RS Performance also says it's 22mm in the description on their page. That's where I got the info from.

Reactions: Sean197
I've ordered the one for the Cup racer (7711160155) and not the standard one for the road car. RS Performance also says it's 22mm in the description on their page. That's where I got the info from.

In that case it should be the same size, it's just a case of if it fits. It wouldn't be uncommon for the same part to be fitted to 2 different cars using different part numbers. I understand the confusion though.

Cup racer - 22mm
200 cup - 21mm
197 - 20.5mm

The Scenic part is the same bar as the cup racer. The one thing I'm not so certain on, is which ARB bushes to use - presumably the Scenic ones if you can find a part number.
Powerflex for sure have options for the 21 and 20.5mm offerings. If it was me, I would find a way to use the 22mm one, but the car would be predominantly for track use anyhow.

Thanks for the info. Which bushes are you referring to? The ones marked green below?

arb_bushes.jpg

If so they came with it.

Update: One of our guys who's a mechanic with a racing team did take a look at the ARB of their car. It also has two stickers where the one with the 77 number was covering one with the 82 number.

So it seems it's actually the same part which just has two different numbers.

Renault use 2 parts numbers, I have these in an e-mail from Renault uk regarding another part.

Part numbering: There are indeed two different part numbers for this part.

The original manufacturing part number is 82*********** – which is marked on the shock absorber, and a new local part number 77********* which was recently created for Renault UK to order the specific batch directly from Supplier.

Reactions: Marsch