Cup Springs

My 197 is full fat with non cup springs/dampers, would there be an increased difference if i bought these? would there be a considerable difference in ride height/handling?

Thanks for any input!

Edit: would H&R 30/40 Springs be a better option?

Last edited:
9mm in height I believe. The cup springs and dampers are a good bit harder than the stock FF stuff I believe, not sure on percentages.

The Cup set up is a considerable amount harder. I drove both back to back when buying mine and prefered the cup set up. Its not too hard, its not crashy for me it suits the car perfectly.

That said I would like the car a little lower and I am considering getting the H&R kit to bring it down a bit. Its all personal opinion though, your not going to be able to really get a good feel for this without going in them.

Maybe take a look around your local dealerships and find a car with cup set up and go for a test drive? :wink:

Yea and i live in country roads, when i had the ST i had it on springs are although it went round bends like a go-kart - country roads were emotional is one way to describe it lol and the gf did nothing but complain (but sure that's a given lol)

also does anyone have a picture/pictures showing with and without cup suspension to show ride height difference?

Isn't it like a 7mm difference? I doubt you'd tell the difference via photos as its quite a small difference.

My cup looked like a 4x4 and so just got H&Rs. Wish I did it sooner. Car looks better from every angle.