Dash warning lights... help :)

Hi all,
I've just been driving home and after a spirited drive I was sitting in traffic and the engine management light began flashing on and off. It did it for no longer than a minute when I had noticed it and its dissapeared now. Any ideas other than french personality? :wink:
Cheers, Josh

I think you'll find loadsa people say they 'just do it occassionally'.

Mines done it once or twice too, usually only in hot weather at low engine speed, after half a minute or so it distinguishes for good.

This 'sort' of puts me at ease.

Mine did it last night, car fully warmed up driving at around 25mph in fourth flashed about 5 times (what i saw) but no loss of power or anything.

Weather was quite warm, pulled over, reved it and all seemed fine.

Next ten miles or so spent more time watching dash but no more flashing and car seems fine, revs well etc.

:nope: nerve racking.

its usually an "emissions failure" - ie the standards are not being met by the engine for some reason

thats why the whole obd2 system was for to meet and monitor emissions failures and compliance over a set time/distance

some countries use the system to "mot" cars on the emissions

I would see that fairly often in the past, nothing to worry about, what fuel do you use? Since I started using super unleaded it went quiet. Haven't seen that for ages now.