Daytime Running Lights

I'm seeing more and more people driving at night with only the DRLs on so no rear lights. Having not driven a car with DRLs is the dash lit when these lights are on so they think all lights are on?

Yeah I've wondered this too....to be fair to these people, I see plenty of people in non-DRL cars that drive around with no lights on too - I guess they're all plebs who don't put their brain in gear before they set off... Either that, or these auto-lights/wipers/parking sensors are making drivers lazy...

FB_IMG_1477027088752.jpg Mine are on all the time with Auto Headlights over ride but you do need have the monkeys training just to make sure they know how to turn headlights on

Well DRL's are on permanently - and the dash isn't perm lit - so no id be inclined to say they dont have the dash lit. Perhaps just reliant on auto lights...

Don't think its so much the drls causing it, just think some newer cars in general have changed the way dashs are, one of Mrs' cars (10 plate Astra sri) the dashboard was lit up with engine on and had no drls, when turned lights on, the dashboard dimmed. Same with her Mazda now, it's always lit and dims with the lights on. Which has drls.

Thing is as well tho, drls are brighter than sidelights, sovshdn driving at night increases risk of dazzling other drivers, could be a double whammy if get caught...

Oh I'm not excusing the idiocy of those that do it, just more hinting at it not really related to drls.

Some people too are becoming far too reliant on the auto side of things (lights in particular) like when in bad weather, when if you were in a non auto lights car, you'd put your lights on, whereas people trust the auto blindly and drive round with out them on....even when it says in the handbook that they can't detect weather, just light and dark!

Reactions: ///M